Being bored .

Best answers
I was kind of bored this morning, so I just found some lineart and used about 40 minnutes on doing something I think was a little cool ,maybe :/ .

Oh btw, the metal things are heavy wip of course :x .

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry, but this isnt like skinning, all youve done is highlight things buldging out, in the real world it doesnt work like that, u have to establish a lightsource and stick to it, everly little bit of muscle there has its own lightsource at the moment.

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
sorry, but this isnt like skinning, all youve done is highlight things buldging out, in the real world it doesnt work like that, u have to establish a lightsource and stick to it, everly little bit of muscle there has its own lightsource at the moment.
Oh really ? And I thought it was all about the style ;x .

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like his outter hand is coverd in ripples of muscle. The back of your hand does not reflect light very well. You should give him viens and such in his hand.

Retired
Best answers
Nice, I like it.

so when are you going to finish it. because it looks quite good imo.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorrow said:
Oh really ? And I thought it was all about the style ;x .

huh? i dont understand what you mean o_O

Best answers
Meh, stick with what you have. You don't need to go back and fix it up, just to please those people. I couldn't do any better, so I think it looks good.

Best answers
Cynrix said:
Meh, stick with what you have. You don't need to go back and fix it up, just to please those people. I couldn't do any better, so I think it looks good.
That's like saying because I can't swim that no one should exceed my inability to swim by any noticable margin. For people who are driven in any thing they wish to consider an art it is a never ending quest to improve yourself. That is why artists put things in the public eye, it serves a dual purpose: 1)It spreads the artist's message, 2)It creates the opportunity for constructive and destructive criticism, both of which are necessary to the evolution of the artist as an individual.

In this case I would have to agree with david. The coloring is destroying the piece. The lineart looks really good, why muddy it with blurry colors? The lighting does look very bizarre as well. Whenever you color something ask yourself this: am I enhancing or detracting from the linework? A lot of the detail and finesse of the lines is being lost in that color. I suggest you rethink the way you execute the scheme and the "style." By the way, don't use that "It's my style" thing as a crutch. That's relevant to a point, but there are fundamentals to everything that make it well executed.

Have you thought about bronze metal instead of steel? I think the color would work better with the skintone.

Best answers
MrDomino said:
That's like saying because I can't swim that no one should exceed my inability to swim by any noticable margin. For people who are driven in any thing they wish to consider an art it is a never ending quest to improve yourself. That is why artists put things in the public eye, it serves a dual purpose: 1)It spreads the artist's message, 2)It creates the opportunity for constructive and destructive criticism, both of which are necessary to the evolution of the artist as an individual.

In this case I would have to agree with david. The coloring is destroying the piece. The lineart looks really good, why muddy it with blurry colors? The lighting does look very bizarre as well. Whenever you color something ask yourself this: am I enhancing or detracting from the linework? A lot of the detail and finesse of the lines is being lost in that color. I suggest you rethink the way you execute the scheme and the "style." By the way, don't use that "It's my style" thing as a crutch. That's relevant to a point, but there are fundamentals to everything that make it well executed.

Have you thought about bronze metal instead of steel? I think the color would work better with the skintone.
MM, Now that already prooves a point . Thanks for the feedback people, I'll finish it right now, and as well make another version with colors only :O .

Best answers
Nicely done, but it looks like light is coming in from all directions. There should at least be one point where light is strongest no?

Nonetheless, still nice. Keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom