behold the power of the clip brush

Best answers
ive noticed the maps haveing touchable sky boxes... for anyone who has played on a map where you go as high as you can and your player turns compleatly black and sometimes it goes into first persion view this is why...

i would like to propose that you put a clip brush around the inside of the sky box this will prevent the player from getting close enough to the sky brushes to cause graphical and sometimes game play problems.... like blasts explodeing exactly when launched... in valve hammer as long as you create a brush with the clip texture on all sides, and essentaly coat the the inner sky box with it... that is put it infront of the sky box... we wont have these problems... VHE will know what to do with the clip brushes

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) A similar more effective technique using Trigger_Push entities was used in a few of the ESF maps (might have been removed in 1.2).

2) Clip brushes would not solve the beams blowing up when too close to the wall. A clip brush is an area a player cannot enter and so is a skybox.

3)That black player bug only happens on a few maps and is usually spots no one goes to anyway not to mention that no mapper really cares about it anyway.

4) The model going into first person is not a bug; it was coded in as a bugfix. This prevents the camera from going outside the map and making most of it invisible. By forcing first person, it fixes the bug.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate that trigger_push i can't stand it... YOu hit someone near the wall and they roll getting over there to hit them is so freaking hard. Big deal, you go near the wall, get away from it. problem solved.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is why it isn't in more ESF maps, everyone is irritated by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom