Before and Aftermath (HL2)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/h...ath_ot_pc_080905.asx&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_watch

well today a trailer (or yesterday X_x) was released for HL2 aftermath, looks pretty neat and i think stalkers are a bit more scary then "just slaves" as you can clearly hear alyx is scared about the stalkers, we also see DOG is back (yay!) and alyx has a new move \o/ after she shoots someone, she puts her feet on him and shoots a few times in the head

i think this is gonna be a pretty cool expansion...and also more scarrier than hl2 itself

Best answers
Yeah, watched this earlier. Looks great!
I'd like to know what the deal is with Gman though, he sounds a little pissed at the end there.

DMW

Best answers
Nice little sneak peak,i wouldnt say he sounds pissed,i think he sounds more serius.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
DMW said:
Nice little sneak peak,i wouldnt say he sounds pissed,i think he sounds more serius.
Him being serious is talking like he did at the end of hl2. He sounds quite annoyed/pissed. Gordon obviously didn't want to do what G-Man had planned for him. So thus an annoyed employer.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To me, that sounds much more like Breen at the end than G-Man.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well that would be kinda weird CM, as breen got blown up at the end of HL2, but i guess gman said at the end of hl2 that he would be (he as in gordon) put back into that slowtime stuff and probably because the story continues you as gordon...you didnt want to be put back in slow time and gman will probably be pretty pissed about that

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I know Breen got blown up, but it just doesn't sound like the G-Man. It sounds much more human like. The voice is much more deep than the usual G-Man voice.

On a second viewing, though, he does kind of pause between his words, which is G-Man-ish. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the whole thing is about.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he said..."We'll see *pause* about that!" and if i am pissed i wouldnt really talk like

"We *pause* will *pause* see *pause* about *pause* that" sounds rather stupid eh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get it now.

I understand how Gordon can be involved in Aftermath.

DMW

Best answers
Listened to it again,he does sound kind of mad,im sry i havnt slept in like 22 hours,why i have no idea i just cant fall asleep.

Best answers
The games fear factor is high in this one...
Its gonna be fun for sure though
Well who else is interested in this work?

Best answers
Sounds exactly like Gman to me, just a little deeper, ie - he's a little pissed off about something :D
I'm looking forward to getting to know Alex a little better (shut up perverts :p), I thought she was a really great character and I got quite attached to her before the end. At least it looks like we'll be fighting along side her more, which is good enough. The parts in HL2 where you were fighting along side team mates were my favourite parts, so hopefully they'll capture that part of the gameplay again for Aftermath.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does not sound like the G-Man at all... I do not reconize the voice but I can tell very easily that it is not the G-Man nor is it Dr. Breen.

I keep on playing that part over and over, though I still can not figure out the voice...

Maybe a new character? Maybe it is Combine Advisor (or whatever he is called).

Combine Advisor: The slug looking thing you see throughout the game which is who you see Dr. Breen talking to.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks like taking the crowbar to anything that comes near me in aftermath will be pretty dam fun ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really wish Valve would stop making videos of their half finished garbage and actually ****ing accomplish something that I can play.

Sorry, just being honest.

Maybe someday they'll release a game. Instead of 28 trailers a day...or videos of a half-finished single level that's taken them over a year despite the fact that the kind of lighting their putting in it has been done in like 9 other games already...

Wouldn't that be something? If Valve remembered how to make games? I know I'm out of line; I'm just sick of it. I wish they'd just...you know...shut up and make the game.

Call me old fashioned, I guess.

It looks good but the continuity ****ups annoy me. All this conspiracy theorist BS about the Half Life 'universe'...I don't think there is any big thing to decipher; I don't think that much thought was put into it.

I will probably get the expansion, I hope it's worth the money I'm paying for it though. It had better run better than the game itself did or I'm going to set somebody on fire.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is only the second trailer for aftermath, and its actually the first expansion pack valve has made so dont blame them for trying >.> blue shift and opposing force were both made by someone else than valve and MC....what do i get if it is gman who says that? :p

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense or anything Pride, but why do you whine about every single thing every chance you get?

Why exactly are you mad that they released a <1min trailer of the game again? Would you rather they just disappeared for 6 months, came back and said "Oh it's done! Go get it!"

I personally need to see at least a LITTLE of a game to justify my purchase. Maybe it isn't like this in the old days, when we just walked into a store, saw a cool box for some new nintendo game and wanted to get it, but times have changed. Every game is doing this now. Why are you on Valve's back? If you think it's half-finished garbage, then don't watch the trailer. Don't buy the expansion and don't **** about it.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I really wish Valve would stop making videos of their half finished garbage and actually ****ing accomplish something that I can play.
I remember HL2 was finished, I played it just fine, so did millions of other people, ever think it has something to do with YOUR PC?

CM said:
If you think it's half-finished garbage, then don't watch the trailer. Don't buy the expansion and don't **** about it.
I don't understand that aswell, you don't like the company or game why insist on playing it? I think those people have nothing better to do than bi*ch about it, seriously.

Best answers
I thought you enjoyed HL2 Pride? What happened?
You seem to be going a bit too far just because they made a game that you think was in development too long, and didn't run well on your rig.

As for the story, if you look at anything long enough you'll find whatever you want to find. Was it all intended? I don't know, but people are sure as hell finding the stuff. If you want to cripple your enjoyment of the story by trying to bring yourself to the reality that these story elements might not have been intentional, then I won't argue, but I see no reason why you might want to do so (except to take another shot at Valve of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom