Beating your kids

Best answers
Well, i was discussing it with friends, and i was wondering how you all felt about it.

I personally feel all kids should get hit, with a belt or something that hurts. Of course the reasons for which these punishments are used should be within reason, but i feel that hitting your kids at an early age and raising them knowing that bad actions have bad consequences will help them to be better people and make smarter decisions because they'll be used to thinking things through before they act.

Personally, i was hit as a child up until about my freshman year of high school. I gotta admit, i was a bad kid that made a lot of stupid decisions when i was younger, but now as im 20 and looking back on it. I feel that the way my mother raised me helped form the man i am today, and currently, I'm holding a good job, have my own car, pay my own bills, and am working towards my career.

I didn't get hooked on drugs and drop outta high school, i didn't get arrested for ****head things, and i generally stayed out of any real trouble that had any major consequences.

What do you all think?

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I think its ok to hit your kid if you do it for good reasons only (like when your kid did something really messed up or broke the law or something like that)
You should not overdo it though or hit him for every minor thing he does wrong... and hitting is ok but you should not beat him to a pulp ;P

Teaching kids that every action has consequences is important imho.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
mixed feelings here.

my natural father used to beat the **** out of me and my mum. mum used to slap me if i did something wong, cliff used to beat me for the hell of it.

i remember just after my grandmother died i went through a massive depression, and tried to top myself (was about 14). and my mum beat ten bells of **** out of me, and threw me around the livingroom (walked in on me with a knife to my chest).

other than that, when Sarah does something bad, i slap her. and she doesn't do it again.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
thats what I meant with "You should not overdo it"

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's alright. Spanking works at an early age. Hitting? **** no, that's messed up. My parents never beat me and I'm thankful for it. I like to think I turned out alright. I'm generally nice to people, I avoid trouble like rape (not to say rape isn't also trouble). When I was a kid, my parents would just scare me a little with the threat of action. They would never hurt me though. I think beating your kids is kind of raising them to be *******s.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No... that came from years of exposure to the best damn music there is. It's kind of a two-for-one deal.

I love you Lee <3

Discord Member
Best answers
Honestly, im 17 years old now, and from my personal experience to smack your kid with a belt or something is a thing you should do if he does something bad,
If i wasn't smacked every once in a while and didn't know of discipline I'd end up like the most of the kids my age here, drunk every night with 2 boxes of cigaretes and god knows what else.

And as well, I think that beating your kid to the extremes is not only sick but you should get your kid taken from you and your ding dong :p
But to smack the kid with a belt a few times...is something needed, if a kid knows that if he does a bad thing nothing will happen, he has no respect for other people, hell even of his parents.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
When your child refuses to listen, or disrespects you, you need to verbally scold that child. If he/she still refuses to get the point, or keeps doing something you told he/she not to do, I think it's proper to smack that child in the behind or something similar to that, physical contact gets children to obey at an early age, so when they get older they will know what's wrong from right.

Best answers
Kids are like dogs, you reward them when they do something good, you punish them when you catch them red-handed while doing something bad. I'm talking about educational slaps here though, no heavy punches or kicks or throwing around the house.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Firm believer against hitting your kids.

I want my kids to learn through reason and understanding, not because fear of doing the wrong thing gets them punished, it just perpetuates a narrow minded self centered view of the world. To those that will argue that sometimes trying to explain something is not enough etc, there are other punishments available, isolation, deprivation etc, consequences that are much longer lasting and self reflective than temporary pain. I also believe it can teach kids that physical measures are a good way of getting what you want.

Just my 2 cents.

btw, my dogs punishment is isolation (shut him in a room when he does something wrong) and it works much better than hitting him.

Last edited:

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm with Dave on this one. My parents never really hit me and I think I turned out alright. You can give your kids a sense of right and wrong and of action reaction without violence.

I'm thinking both approaches probably work if you execute them right, it's just, I don't think I could bring myself to hit a kid, even if it's my own. It seems wrong to me, but probably because I wasn't hit as a kid.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
a Strong(not sissy slap) with a combination of a few kicks and a side kick will do the job :p just kidding

Nah, but truly, my parents slapped me on the face but like once in 2 months, I was a good respectful kid as much as I remember, they afterwards explained me.

A combination of a strong slap, (not something sissyish) will do the job, and later a talk about what he done, why he shouldn't do it and the consequences

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I was hit as a child, sometimes excessively. My father had anger control issues at times, but I still see corporal punishment as a useful tool for Maya when other things don't work, which is admittedly very rare. Usually speaking to her and reasoning works, but every once in a while, especially when danger to her well being was the direct result of her misbehaving (running away from us in a parking lot, trying to touch the hot oven, etc) she will definately get hit.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Working at a day camp I thought sometimes, "Wow some of these kids could use a good smack up the head." I was never really hit when I was a kid, except once, and I agree that you shouldn't beat the snot out of kids, but especially seeing how some kids act nowadays I think it's fine to smack them a bit. Screw ADD and taking ritalin or whatever, if a kid does something bad because they have "ADD" then they should just plain get smacked.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
heh i learned not to go near the oven the hard way... just touched the glass on the outside, but ouch!

i think my aunty nita's punishments were always the worst. she never hit me, to my knowledge. but she would like, make us (me and her kids, we pretty much grew up together) stand a foot from the wall, leaning forward so our noses touched the wall, for an hour.

and other **** like that. she was soooo creative with that wall and things she could do with us and it haha.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Odin parent that beats his kid != good parent. I bet ur mom was good at parenting all the way... coz something like father acoholic that beats his kid every time he does something wrong its not good way. Theres hi risk that he will raise criminal or child with inferiority complex.

Beating is easiest way for punishment and it's hily used only by rly bad parents coz they usualy dont have basic knowlage about rasing child. (so if ur going 2 have kid i suggest to read a lot about child psyche)
When u spend a lot of time with ur kid and u have big psychological bound and he/she respects u theres no need for physical punishments... Its only very important that ur kid knows what he did wrong and underestand it. The way u punish kid depents on its age his interest's like hes 8 and he loves to play football with u every sunday u know what to do :p

I think the biggest punishments r psychological. I feel very bad for using one of these... one day my sister (15teen) rly pissed me off. So i decided that i'll act as she doesn't exis guess what after 15 minutes she was screeming at me.... after 30 minutes she was hitting me... after hour she was on bed crying...
These trick can rly make some1 pop but I doubt that it will work on 30yerz old man whos mature, self confident got a good job and stuff but kids are indeed very sensitive.

to Gryph psychical contact is something that makes child obey/respect u as parent at any age. Physical stuff dont work long term... or maybe u like that ur 4yer old kid is afraid of u? and he runs to his room evry time he sees u? btw. how much wrong stuff can make 4-8 yer old kid that u have to beat him? or we uderestand "early age" in other way.

to Barney there are no kids that "could use a good smack up the head" if some of them act like that they r just results of some bad parenting. I know stuff like these... there r ppl who rly never beat they kids but they also dont reward them for good things and dont give them punishment for bad stuff. I think thats the worst case coz they kids just feel that no one cares about them so they do stuff to bring attention...

David
and Sub peace ;-)

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree on the methods beating the **** out of own children to teach them discipline.

I'd even go as far as locking up to a dark room which is one way out and not feed them until they start crying and tell they are sorry.

Beating with a belt or just brutally punch to the face with full force will teach the children to behave if they really have done something bad.

However, if the kid is innocent, i would oppose this method.
I treat them based on their own actions so they can understand what kind of behavior is rewarding and which is not.

Another method would be mental-'torture'.

This method includes :

-No eye contact to the child at all
-Absence of feelings towards the child, so he/she will feel left out
-Do activities that make you spend a lot of time ( pc, tv )
-Come home at late hours.

In a week or so, the child would run crying to you and promise to change their ways because they simply cannot stand it any longer. Of course, you could continue this method for even further results.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
one of my uncles locked me in a coal shed for a few hours once after i cut up his sofa with one of his katanas.

i was 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom