Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about this.

Beamjumps only possible with genetic beam and nothing else. The other attacks would only explode on the ground (like FF).

The reason im suggesting this are people who smack you into the ground charge a kame and beamjumpkill you, while they dont get hurt.

C&C

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could always just void the beams damage if it's used for a beamjump.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or make beam jumping a short burst like it was in the show, so if u charge something huge it'll kill you too

Best answers
I said no. I think you should beable to jump with SB and move with it and stuff like just a small one like goku used on vegeta in the sayain saga it was like palm sized. Then you could play dodge ball. dodgeball+DBZ=teh coolness.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beam juping is not for the kamehameha and others big beam beacause you charche a kamehameha and shot in the ground and you kill him beam jump is for escaping not kiling

Best answers
Well if i remember correctly, they only used generic beams to beamjump and once or twice goku used kamehameha, and i also think it should be just a quick burst that way it won't be as annoying and it'll be true to the show :D

Best answers
The quick burts could work, that means only a generic or minimum charged beams would prevent you from hurting yourself while the bigger ones would either kill both or hurt you pretty bad meaning you'll probably stop doing it after a while hehe.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
The quick burts could work, that means only a generic or minimum charged beams would prevent you from hurting yourself while the bigger ones would either kill both or hurt you pretty bad meaning you'll probably stop doing it after a while hehe.

precisely, it also stops runners, which is 2 birds with one stone

Scince many people dont know, beam jumping was first used by krillin with a kamehameha.

Best answers
It wouldn't stop runners, they would just use a gen beam (they hurt too you know ;P). However, beamjumping is already kinda flawed in 1.2 (wasn't intended like this) so a beamjump would probably be like the one we have now without turbo (the slow one) meaning runners won't get much chance to get away anyway. Combining both would result in the best outcome.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team should really consider the short burst beam jumping, if they haven't already. It couldn't be that difficult to change from the pre-existing code. It seems to be a viable solution to this problem, and many people seem to agree so.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
The team should really consider the short burst beam jumping, if they haven't already. It couldn't be that difficult to change from the pre-existing code. It seems to be a viable solution to this problem, and many people seem to agree so.
Agreed ^^

But if you beamjump the beam shouldnt explode or have a very limited radius

Best answers
I have said this so meny times so I will say it again

the best possable way to stop beam spammers (beam jumping, spamming in corner of map ect.) is to make the enegry system like it is in the show.

barly any ki cost for flying melee ect but large ki cost for beams (full kamehameha is like 1/2 your enegry) but it takes a long time to recharge (like 2 minutes)

this whould solve alot of problems

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Scince many people dont know, beam jumping was first used by krillin with a kamehameha.
Krillin didn't use it first. Goku used it first in dragonball using a kamehameha when he was fighting the big green dragon guy in the world martial arts tournament. The dragon guy threw him in the air and he would have landed outside of the ring but he used nimbus then they said he couldnt use nimbus and the dragon tried to throw him out again and goku grew his tail back and held on to the dragons arm. Then when fighting roshi (jackie chun) Goku knew he couldnt use nimbus and roshi threw him in the air and goku used kamehameha and hit the ground with it and used it to go back into the ring. He didn't necessarily jump but he used the beam at the ground to go up in the air so it wasn't krillins idea to shoot a beam at the ground to get high up in the air.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I wouldn't want it just to be generic, I really don't mind beam jumping hurting me, i only use it for travel but it is a strategic weapon..

But, if it HAD to be changed, i would make it either just a quick burst of energy, pushing you, or just no explosion and no damage.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I said yes, but mainly because you can abuse beamjumping to spam an attack. I'm sure that there are much better ways of fixing this, but this would do.

Best answers
mm.. i thing goku used kameha when he was fighting tien. in dragonball. it was right from the start ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope, just looked at my manga, jackie chun (master roshi) was the first to use beam jump when krillin tricked him with a pair of panties and kicked him out of the ring, he used a kamehameha to save him from loosing the round by falling out the ring.

I still think if it was just a short burst it'd solve the spam problem, and people that use it to run away wont be able to move all across the map with one beam, thats why i think it'd stop runners

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom