Beamjumping

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Easy way to stop people from beamjump spamming, you can only beamjump with generic beams, no signature moves because in the show they never did. If they did it was only once or so. With Signature moves, you can not beam jump, they just blow up on the ground like Ball attacks do. Its fair, its simple and you can't nuke an entire area with a generic beam and kill alot of people. Crtis or Comments?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this was suggested a while ago, and no, in dragonball it was always kamehameha's that were used for beamjumps, and in dbz beam jumps were seldom used. I'd prefer if beam jumps just became a burst instead of a constant push

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
this was suggested a while ago, and no, in dragonball it was always kamehameha's that were used for beamjumps, and in dbz beam jumps were seldom used. I'd prefer if beam jumps just became a burst instead of a constant push
That works too. Like it pushed you a second then died out, not exploded. Like the energy ran out and not all kaboomy!

Best answers
Or it could always just fade out and not explode at all, kinda like Davidskiwan's idea but it can continue pushing you as long as you have enough ki.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Easy way to stop people from beamjump spamming, you can only beamjump with generic beams, no signature moves because in the show they never did. If they did it was only once or so. With Signature moves, you can not beam jump, they just blow up on the ground like Ball attacks do. Its fair, its simple and you can't nuke an entire area with a generic beam and kill alot of people. Crtis or Comments?
well even though esf isn't based on anything gtish , as i recall goku used it when he was stuck in that board game dimension between other world and the physical plane while kaio sama dropped goku during his dimentional time shift

But as stated , i think this would add balance to the game simply due to people who just join a server and are mr.Starting pl can be pwned by a beam explosion. I also see people use it against the ground as an escape + kill method which I think should be changed , or ethier add a tougher ki penalty for doing so with a stronger beam

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
nope i think when u do a beamjump with strong attacks should have a cool down bout 60 sec ? or 120 sec ? with gen beam no cooldown

Best answers
ok im going to level with you....i have seen pretty much EVERY dbz episode...i have not seen ANY DB so i cant comment on that but i do believe that ESF is based on DBZ and not DB (note: i am not positive on that) but seriously when in the hell did they use a beam jump? the only one i EVER saw was when krillin did it against nappa to attract his attention...now when he fired it it was like a squashed beam and then it propelled him upwards WITHOUT exploding....second one i spotted and the last....was Goten Vs Trunks at the junior martial arts tournament....goten used it when trunks evaded him and proppelled himself off the ground at an angle to catch trunks....once again it didnt explode....heck it didnt even damage the stone on the ring.

Best answers
When freeza fired something (can't remember) at goku, he used a kame to beamjump out of the way, I might see if I ahve a screeny of that.

Anyway, this has already been discussed mostly, why'd you wanna bring it up again?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
When freeza fired something (can't remember) at goku, he used a kame to beamjump out of the way, I might see if I ahve a screeny of that.

Anyway, this has already been discussed mostly, why'd you wanna bring it up again?
I actually remember something that like. The thing is, some high powered player can beam jump and nuke a good section of the map and get alot of kills. I really think you should only be able to beam jump with generic beams to keep it far. If you try with signature moves like the Kamehameha it should explode of the ground.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes tahts why i suggested it last week -_-

Anyhow i must say that the no explosion if beamjump sounds good. \o/ 10 points \o/

Best answers
HOW MENNY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!

the best way to stop beam spammers is to make it like real dbz.

melee, swooping ect. take next to no enegry but say somthing like a max kamehameha will take 1/2 your enegry.

but when you recharge it takes like 2 or 3 minutes to get back to max

(will still have natural regen which whould take anywhere between 6-10 minutes doing nothing on the ground)

as an ending statement I have to say this:

SEARCH FOR SIMMLAR TOPICS BEFOUR YOU POST YOU NUBS!

Best answers
lol, that wouldn't work as the standard gamemode, imagine yourself in a pub getting ganged by 4 ppl just to find out you are going to have to charge 3 minutes before you can move again, or when everybody is out of ki at the same time, 3 minute pause? sounds fun!

You could beamjump with signature moves only when:

1) they are minimally charged, anything higher will blow you up like FF
2) they don't do damage but fade out after a second.
3) This is faster than a beamjump from a generic beam but also costs more ki

Best answers
its to limit your beams and remeber the example is a MAXIMUM kamehameha (like the ones Gohan and Cell did)

move again ??? if you have 1/4 of a bar dont beam and that will last you probably 5 minutes

that might actually help you 4 v 1 cause thell waste there enegry trying to beam you because only 1 person can melee you at a time

Best answers
Regardless, you could've just use a stamina bar for beams that once depleted doesnt allow you to use beams (think I mentioned something like that in the last thread >_o)

Anyway, beamjumping could use some extra features including restrictions.

Best answers
so your admitting im right

your ki bar whould be a stamina bar infact it already is :rolleyes:

ok so we fixed the problem no more threds on beam jumping

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy tgehe ki bar is more similar to the HP bar than stamina.
In DBZ if a person lost all his ki he died thats how they sebsed his death. It wasnt three other way round. There bodeys were protected with shields and with evry blow they got there shield was weaker.

While the stamina was the phisical condition. They lost stamina when flying, runing, fireing beams, punching and so on. When they lost all there stamina theny didnt die . THey just had to rest.

Best answers
If they didnt rest they died
dbz example of this tien did when fired a beam at nappa using the rest of his enegry

I know that how it is in the series, im talking about the ki bar in the game last time if you use all your blue bar you fall and can only walk

and you are infact wrong ki is japanese for enegry so im gonna use enegry for my explination:
when a person does anything move, type, talk, ect. you use enegry.
Now in THEORY an enegry beam is using your own enegry you got from eating concetrating it and fireing it (which whould feel like being hit by a light beam (try putting you hand infront of a lamp for an extended period of time))
Anyway that energy fired could have been used to run a race or punch or what not so this means that beams and melee use the same kind of enegry

now for your "shields" which called a chi barrier (showlin monks use them) srounding your self with your ENEGRY

Half-Life has somthing called a H.E.V. suit which is armor and i dont know why ESF doesnt have it H.E.V. = Chi Barrier

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cause you have your HP

in DBZ they protected therselvs by using up the energy. In ESF you simply loose HP.

Best answers
that last thing is a side thought i just made a thred for what about the rest of my post explaining your wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom