Beam suggestion

Best answers
Well after a lot of reading and trying to figure it out. i came to the conclusion that the best way to solve the beam spamming issue and at the same time add a new feature is by doing the following:

1. decrease splash damage on beams with >90%. Splash damage has nothing to do with beams.

2. as for the new feature. When firing at a player. and its strong enough the player should be immediately incinerated while the blast keeps going.
if the beam is not strong enough it should explode on contact.

I think that is the best solution against beam spamming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FlexCon said:
Well after a lot of reading and trying to figure it out. i came to the conclusion that the best way to solve the beam spamming issue and at the same time add a new feature is by doing the following:

1. decrease splash damage on beams with >90%. Splash damage has nothing to do with beams.

Already happening with 1.3, though to what extent beam/splash damage will be decreased I don't know.)
Also, splash damage has a lot to do with beams. If you throw a grenade at someone and it explodes you're going to get hurt just be being in the vicinity; splash damage works the same way. Its the simulation of the "shockwave effect."

2. as for the new feature. When firing at a player. and its strong enough the player should be immediately incinerated while the blast keeps going.
if the beam is not strong enough it should explode on contact.

Also in 1.3

I think that is the best solution against beam spamming.
answers in quote

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom