Beam Struggle Eye Candy

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok so i thought when a beam struggle happens it gives off this cool glow thing when it first hits and kinda illuminates the area around it

This pic kinda shows what Im talking about. THis would only happen when the beams first hit.

Edit: Here is another picture that works better.

Edit: OK and it would be freaking awesome if beams had starter sprites like this.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan Knight said:
pretty cool but there may be issues putting it in ~.~
not realy

a beamstruggle like that would cause masive server FPS drop (to flashy)

come on this is half life we are talking about not Budokai

Best answers
:laff: well it should be able to be done with tehh new fx system or w/e :D there is this flurry effect now.. so just put some color to it and smthng more.. and voila. we have üb3r cool beam struggle.. love tehh idea btw ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think the new system suports flashy lights that go throo the whole map

Best answers
well i dont thing it's supposed to go around tehh whole map ehh? ;) how 'bout just close to tehh strugless :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well firstly id say let them koncentrate on actual PS system so they put in what they said they will in the SPoutline (wich is now force pit material dont know why they changed there minds)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17, do it yourself with the FX system, and report to us, saying how much lag and fps drop you felt when it happened

P.S. why do people keep suggesting stuff from Budokai series? Budokai is a beat em up game, ESF isnt quite the same, its more of an action game in 3D instead of side scrolling

Best answers
instead of the flash going through the whole map, it could just do that at a smaller area

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan Knight said:
instead of the flash going through the whole map, it could just do that at a smaller area
with the flash going throo the whole map i ment that its visable from evrywhere. And if youd look at it youre FPS would drop so much that youd have a problem.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
KidBoy17, do it yourself with the FX system, and report to us, saying how much lag and fps drop you felt when it happened

P.S. why do people keep suggesting stuff from Budokai series? Budokai is a beat em up game, ESF isnt quite the same, its more of an action game in 3D instead of side scrolling
I suggest stuff from Budokai thats graphics wise. I don't think I have yet to suggest Overdrive or Dragon Rush. And when 1.3 is released I will try to make this. Im sure it wouldn't drop ym fps too much seeing as how its based on how good your system is.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Im sure it wouldn't drop ym fps too much seeing as how its based on how good your system is.
this is the error you made

Shure the system plays a big role but you cant ignore the capabilities of the HL engine. If they are exeded than no system in the world can help you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
this is the error you made

Shure the system plays a big role but you cant ignore the capabilities of the HL engine. If they are exeded than no system in the world can help you.
AH! Well I thank you for correcting me. And having it in a small area would be the better idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom