Beam Line Damageable

Best answers
if possible...make the hole beam line damageable =|

Force Pit Member
Best answers
how spamfull, the beams are perfect as they are, + was there ever a time in dbz when a beam line was damaged o_O?

Best answers
well just had this idea while playing some Tenkaichi 3 while ago....the beam line does dmg on it =|

Best answers
well.. i m not certain about it.. but i never saw this in the show.. anyway it make sence :p
imo it isnt very important. :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
underline, you have to be more in-depth with your posts. saying "nooooooooo!!" will not explain WHY it shouldnt be that way.

it makes sense, and it would be cool to be this way (a great trap for us pro's to set on newbies) but it's, i believe, outside the limits of the Half-life engine.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imm not sure if its possible. But im positive it can be done for PS situations. Since the path is a straight line.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
basically, let the beam tail do damage as well when somebody touches it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think what he means isn't that the beam can be damaged, but that the actual beam trail can realistically cause damage, rather than the head being the only dangerous part. It's a good idea on paper. I think I suggested this once, actually. Thinking about it more though, you'd have to make the damage minor. Otherwise, people would be recreating that racing level from Tron, escept in 3D, aiming not to his their opponents, but to trap them in a cage of deadly beams. If 1.3 has implemented the "springy" beams I've heard about however (which tries to maintain a straight relationship between the head and the player using it rather than the artistic beam spam we see in so many entertaining potw's) then this wouldn't be as much of a problem.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I don't think it would be much of a problem to let the beam tails do damage.
The real question is if its worth it .. it doesn't really happen that often that you pass through a beam tail.
The "springy" beam effect was supposed to only be used when a struggle appears .. while normally controlling the beam they act just as always.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It makes sense that regardless where you touch it, death beams hurt. Don't really see why bother adding it. I don't think I've ever passed through the trail of another player's beam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom