Beam limitation

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
OK i know the beams are based on teh average server PL compared to yours.

So here is my idea.

Now the explosions are bigger if your PL is higher than the servers average and explosions are smaller if you are under the average PL.

So i was thinking why not twist it round.

So if you have more PL than server average your beam explosion should have a smaller blast radious. And if you are under the average PL your blast radius is bigger.

Explanation: Prevents beamspam cause you have a strong explosion in a small area --> the stronger the explosion the smaller the area basing on the server average PL. And people who join late have a bigger chance for survival and gaining PL since the attacks they do are weaker but have a bigger blast radius.

I know people are gona say that is not phisycly possible since the stronger beam makes a bigger explosion. But i think it makes a very good balance to the beam system. Since the weak player will hit more people but do less damage and the stronger person will hit less people but do more damage.

C&C please ^^

Best answers
i get the whole premise of the idea.... and i must say its really good! although it goes against the show's physics, that idea would work for the game.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I love being able to blast tons of enemies with one uber powerful attack when I'm a high PL character, but I guess this would really stop beamspammers. :eek: But I think it would reduce beam usage to a point where only the n00bs will use them, then complain when everyone is using melee instead..

Oh wait, that's already happening. @_@

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I love being able to blast tons of enemies with one uber powerful attack when I'm a high PL character, but I guess this would really stop beamspammers. :eek: But I think it would reduce beam usage to a point where only the n00bs will use them, then complain when everyone is using melee instead..

Oh wait, that's already happening. @_@
My point no changes XD.

And beams would still be ussefull. Just the blast radius would be smaller for bigger PLs and bigger for smaller PLs.

Besides ask people who know me i tend to fire a FF once in a while to blow up half the server just to see how strong it is. But that is to strong ^^.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. It's kind of like punishing people who are good just because there good. I suppose it would stop beam spammers though :)

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Not realy. Since a player that is good that enters teh game late can still do much damage with beams right now.

So he can use the beams teh same way as normaly. It just prevents map nuckings.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's an interesting fix, I'll give you that. The only thing though is that it makes absolutely no logical sense. New players will be very confused as to why, as they're getting stronger, their beams are becoming smaller.

I think an easier fix would be to just have a minimum and maximum explosion size.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
its a pretty good idea id say if it doesnt work retry if it doesnt after that revert it back to normal

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
It's an interesting fix, I'll give you that. The only thing though is that it makes absolutely no logical sense. New players will be very confused as to why, as they're getting stronger, their beams are becoming smaller.

I think an easier fix would be to just have a minimum and maximum explosion size.
I suggested that to but it got turned down for som reason :s

Anyhow for the new people there is a manual they can read. ^^

That reminds me. Addition to my suggestion not the same topic but.

Why not make the manual automaticly popup after instalation of ESF finishes. Would save a lot of repeating teh same RTFM words ^^ just a thought.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Why not make the manual automaticly popup after instalation of ESF finishes.
People still wouldn't read it.

I see where you're coming from, but this is kinda weird. What's the point in getting stronger if your attacks are smaller? Sure, they do more damage in a smaller area, but that's seems like an even tradeoff, not something you should have to get more PL to do.

Best answers
Hehe ya fix the explosion size would help with my idea of overpowering blasts (check my post for it ^_^) so ya this is a good idea!

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
it makes sense that the more focused a blast is the more powerful it becomes (just look at the sun) good idea although it wont prevent the krillin scatterbeam spammers

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea. I'd suggest that if a player's explosion size 'exceeds' the maximum the other players' explosions should get smaller (so it still gives the feeling of being stronger than the others).
People still wouldn't read it.
Maybe the team can add the manual into the game somehow. Or they can add small evented tips like in CS.

Best answers
I don't like the idea but beam spammers do need to be limited. I would recommend just capping the max explosion size or maybe even having it so that explosion size doesn't increase with power but that each beam has a fixed explosion size which stays constant.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It will Be beter to Limit the beam explosion this will be cool beacause one whit a smal pl will detonate the hole map I don't like theath it will Be beter to have a smal beam explosion and a even smolar to low pl I say this beacaus I am a beam spamer :)
I like more beams so My ideea is to lower the explosion this will sadisfai all sides

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
It will Be beter to Limit the beam explosion this will be cool beacause one whit a smal pl will detonate the hole map I don't like theath it will Be beter to have a smal beam explosion and a even smolar to low pl I say this beacaus I am a beam spamer :)
I like more beams so My ideea is to lower the explosion this will sadisfai all sides
As i said i already tried that suggestion to have a max possible explosion range but people didnt like taht eather :S

Anyhow getting away from the servers average PL is easy since evry new player that joins lowers it. But with my idea the new player will lower the average PL + hell gain his PL faster than normaly if hes a beam spammer but the frags will stay limited cause he aint strong enough.

In other words you wont kill them but youll hurt them. This way you can spam at the start but youll have to work difrently when you are stronger.

But jea should be a svar cause people like and hate it XD

Best answers
I'd just say to not have an explosion upon cancellation. I've never seen any character in the DBZ show just decide to up and stop their beam, causing it to explode. When they 'stop' the beam, it flies off in a direction and becomes an energy ball that explodes on impact. I'd just say make the cancelled beam react just like an interruption: When you get hit, the beam just flies off, so when you cancel it, it does the same.

People will complain about spammers, but we already have beam-cancel spammers who just Final Flash/Kamehemeha the middle of the map and take out 5 people. All you'd need is someway to make it so that the cancelled beam has a limited explosion size, or make it lose power as it travels and it'd be fine.

Just my two cents.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Map obliterators like FF and BB (perhaps chou-kame when it is implamented, and maybe even special beam cannon) should have some kind of cooldown so you can't just blow up the map as quickly as you can charge up the next one, but smaller explosions are for smaller attacks, not for higher power levels. I don't like the beams exploding at all, personally, and I'd still much rather have the game use my first suggestion on this forum about making them more arcadey; either way, there's no logical justification for making the beams smaller. If anything keep them the same size the whole time so you don't gain an advantage outside of raw damage for increasing in power and you don't gain an advantage for having low power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom