beam jumps *look*

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well to be honest i think that you just fire at the ground and u fly off but i was just concerned about the damage

Best answers
i dont know if this was already posted but PCjoe said that if u aim down, fire, jump up, and u let go of the button, and watch it go BOOOOOOOOM! <---all what PCJoe said

Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
Beam jumping is very simple, when you fire your beam HOLD onto jump. If jump is held when the beam hits an object, your beam will stop, and you will fly backwards. To stop the beam jump you can
a) Run out of KI
b) Let go of jump which also blows up the beam
I knew it, how simple, im a freakin retard

*pounds head against computer desk*

sounds like it will be more for fun than tactical reasons, but I'm sure someone will own me with it.

Best answers
nice of you to reply pcjoe.. sounds like i can have alot of fun beam jumpign around the map.. :)

Mog

Best answers
hmmm...this may be completely wrong but if you shoot a beam into a ps and hold jump, will you ps and get pushed back?
if so it would be pretty usefull... :]

Best answers
I think if it hits any solid objects other than player entities then it won't explode.But then we need timing.And beams do not count as a solid object....

Wait....if we can beam jump with any beam does that include the FF too?:devgrin:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So if I forgot to let go, or I let to and didn't stop myself, and I hit a wall going 200mph, would I take any damage from that? What if I just hit the wall and didn't release jump? Would the beam detonate? Would it get more powerful?

Mog

Best answers
hmmm, guess your rite.
i forgot about the need to shoot the beam at solid objects...

i guess if you shot the beam at something like a high up rock and did a beam jump but at the same time someone fires a beam at your beam while your jumping, then you'd get pushed back and be in a ps at the same time.... altho thats pretty unlikely to ever happen. :p
i wonder what would happen to the beam tho:
1. continue the jump and start ps
2. stop the jump and start ps
3. " " " " and beams stay still
4. " " " " and beams explode
5. " " " " and esf gets confused and crashes horribly!
6. other

hopefully not #5! :scared:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
are there just certain beams u can jump with or all...

cuz if u had a kame and held the jummp down when u hit sumone u could let go when youre outta range

Best answers
i'd like to see myself rocket across esf_cellday from a final flash beam jump, that'd be pretty hot to see, but yea like Sonic, said would you take damage??

Best answers
what's the point of beam jumping when u can just go turbo and fly? wouldn't beam jumping take more energy out of you?

Best answers
As pcjoe stated, beam jumping may cause you to go a great deal faster than flying or charging.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
but the problem is for beam juming. its costing TO mutch KI! so you cant use it allot whitout charing your ki.

Best answers
I can see myself now...every server im in from here on ill always have an extra 30 deaths because im gonna spend all my timme beam jumping around like an imbecile :laff:

sounds like a cool thiing to play with, cant wait to ride an FF

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well for example:
a kamehame ha is charging at you, so you just beam jump away, i dont think the beam jump is designed to be used repeatedly,only to help you get away from danger or something

Best answers
Beam jumps do not suppose to blow up or do any damage so u don't have to worry

Best answers
Wow, that sounds so cool, but i think it will be hard to use it effectively

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't see why we need beam jumps at all personally. It is hard enough if not nearly impossible to hit someone who is dodging as the game is right now. Letting them use generic beams to move faster than flying just seems like too much. I mean how even if somebody is charging a beam you can't rely on them not getting away quickly because they can fire at a wall. That's not right.

Best answers
It's one of those things that we'll just have to wait and see if it works. Hopefully, riding a generic beam will shoot me across esf_battlearena before the kame spam gets me.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, look on the good side, it will be more intertaining to watch ppl fly around all over the place :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom