Beam Jumping like a Pro'

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was curious if any could really beam jump "like a pro'". It is basicly beam jumping with a smooth flow and precise sense. I messed up in this video I made partially because I was loaded on painkillers but whatever. :p

http://kingboards.trulyadvanced.com/upc/Opty-Stuff/beamjumppro.rar
(Thanks to Ultra Perfect Cell for hosting)

Can you do that? I am curious if anyone else can beam jump with style.

NOTE: Put the .DEM file into your ESF directory. Join/Create an ESF LAN/Internet game then type "playdemo beamjumppro". The Demo system isn't very smooth; it is very shaky. You can also slow down video by typing "playdemo beamjumppro .5" which will play demo at half speed.

Thank you,
Optional

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly speaking, that's quite easy to do. Anyone who has played car-games or jet-games as a kid or even some types of arcade games - will be able to do that on his second attempt with ESF. Some people might find it difficult and I might be wrong, but personally - beam jumping is a very fun and hell-easy-to-do feature in my opinion. Beam jumping like that is a piece of cake.

Again, that's just my opinion and I could be wrong - maybe I find it easy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I highly disagree. I have seen no one in ESF ever beam jump like a pro'.

Best answers
I really don't see the point if ya ask me. ;/ Most of the time something happens and I miss out on the hold jump thing and get a face full of blue goodness. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess I'm the one person who's good at melee that can't do **** when it comes to beams =(.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I attempted that kinda beam jumping after watching the demo for a few seconds to no avail. Maybe I should study it closer *shrugs*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't watch the demo, becuase my demo watching ability has been stripped from me, I don't know why, but I'm pretty sure I could do whatever you can with a beam jump.

Best answers
heh i wasnt expecting it to be like that.
i thought you was gonna bounce around the map using beams only (i like doing that)
or maybe just beam jumping away from melee and beams in time (another one of my favourites)
From the look of it , it doesnt look too hard. looks like how i usually escape from people when using my beams lol. i'll give it a shot. fun to watch anyway o_O

Phatslugga : did you try watching it using steam? i tried that and it didnt work so i just put my esf folder back to sierra and it was fine to watch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Steam is my only choice I already uninstalled won :(

Best answers
Are you kidding me?? I mean seriously I know we are in a clan together but seriously, that is pretty easy man... beam jumpin like a pro would be like meleeing someone across the map, teleporting behind someone as they're falling at you and do a beam jump on them so your flying in their same direction and the turn toward the wall and beam jump off of that wall that you were soaring against... well thats just my idea I actually did it once to a bot out of boredom... :] but yeah their are better ideas on thios beam jumping stuff anyway... :]

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its very easy if you are concentrating on the beam jumping and not the person flying after you. Like I said before opty, its not really practical in game.
*Ya, ya do suck with beams UPC :p*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He sucks at beams and he beat FZero with beams. 'Tis funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom