Beam jump

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imo the new beam jump speed isnt too great, I prefered the old one, however, I always disliked there was just no limit to how far you traveled with it. Imo beamjump should work like the following:

1) charge beam to desired point

2) shoot into surface holding jump

3) propels you away from surface at a fast speed, untill the charge in the beam goes to the bottom (say you charge up a beam half way, the bar goes from half way down to nothing)

4) beamjump stops

This'd put an end to the minimal charged generic beam use to get you from one side of the map to the other and also make it a bit more useful than it is now (speed wise)

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kind of agree with you on this.

Maybe just get rid of the propulsion the beam sends you after you let go and instead you stop where you let go of the button would help prevent people from flying across the map with a small charged gen beam. Also maybe keep the speeds from 1.2 non turbo beam jump as the default beam jump speed that seem kind of more fair anyways.

Best answers
I like this Idea, what you're basically saying is the amount of time the beam is charged, determines the maximum distance you can travel.

The only questions I have, is how turbo would affect this system?

Would it increase the distance you travel?, or how fast you go during the actual jump?

I would personally prefer a speed boost (not anything like 1.2) as with the lack of teleport delay and the decreased speed, its much easier to catch beamjumpers now, it would be nice to be able to turn the tables on your pursuer by speeding up at any time during the jump with a press of the turbo key, this would however cost some stamina, and more ki, however it would still be possible to catch up to these beamjumpers, so its up to the player to decide if its a risk worth taking.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to be able to control my character goes for that duration. Like when you fire the beam at the ground and you first get pushed off, you should be able to have some what control over where you fly so your character begins to arch the beam slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom