Beam idea

Best answers
*Boing!*

Anyway this is the main idea and NO I have yet to see it in search.

BAsically you know how beams explode on contact and it just seems so cheap? Well what if beams could go through the target?

How it will work
You charge a farily powerful KHH and you fire it. It goes through the target and gives him repeated damage between 10-25 (Change this number if you wish) until he gets out. If he gets out then he got lucky if he is stuck then he will wait till the beam is either detached or explodes.

Same way only different
Only difference is the following:
-The beam does not explode on player only on enviroment and will cause splash damage to those near the blast OR in it.
-Players who are caught are "pushed" with the beam until they get out or swoop into the person who fired. If they cannot get out before explosion... well seeya in Heaven.

Inside the beam
If you caught you can move left or right. Moving backwards is dumb and moving forwards will seem like you are idle.
Swooping forward will slowly get you up to the beamn firer person :p

Ball attacks
Really simple actually. You can block it or you can let it hit you to cause damage. If it hits you then it would go through you but you would take a bit more damage (Balancing issues). So lets say you charge a khh and someone attacks you. Your original target didn't notice and would take a solid amount of damage.

PROS
Seems realistic in a DBZ way.
Meleer's rejoice!
You can still BS and/or PS with it.
Make it seem easier to not die instantly from a beam

CONS
Beamers will be upset
Melee oriented

Well that's the end of my idea hope ya like it!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually this idea has been posted a few times but either way its implemented it would be seriously cool

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh hehe, i re suggested it not too long ago, but i agree with the beam slowly disintegrating its target

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. Would make beams behave like real energy.

But what about ball attacks do they explode or what cause youd get out real easy since its just a ball.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
I like it. Would make beams behave like real energy.

But what about ball attacks do they explode or what cause youd get out real easy since its just a ball.
I agree with grega. What would the ball attacks do?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slam into you and push you back unless you block it?

Anyway, nice idea, the thing is, what if the beam is bigger than the player? (take Krillin for example).

Best answers
As well, for the people who are weaker than the opponent, you can implement the Multiple Blasts from Team/Party like in the Cell Tournament where they all blasted at him. Then we'd get some progress, and if he gets killed, etc. the power recieved percentage would get split by those who helped.

Makes it more balanced, or unbalanced if 3 strong dudes went rampage and did this to every one they came across, but then again, the gameplay'd be 3x better

Best answers
Whoops forget to explain the ball stuff XD Lemme fix that :p

Best answers
i have suggested this before ( i think the title was beam push or something) but its still worthy of further discussion... prehaps while the beam is making contact with the target, the target gets pushed back... and have some sort of contering system that if successful the target will roll off the beam... like in the first goku v vegita fight where he was being pushed skyward from the beam and after a few minutes he rolls off it

Best answers
like the melee option at server start up how about we split it down the middle and have beam mode option as well

beam mode(V)
-Push
-explode

Best answers
its a great idea but it sould be an server base thing to give people choices
just like melle it should have a setting 1.0, 1.1 and 1.3 settings

Best answers
§lipKnot said:
its a great idea but it sould be an server base thing to give people choices
hmm..you're right should be a server option. :yes:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats wrong with the way its done now? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Best answers
Well lets say it is broken and only suggestions can fix it :)

Well I just don't like the explode on contact style. Not fun for people like me when in the "mood".
So lets make it like
The show

Best answers
I suggested this 3 times in the past. This is exactly what I am talking about. Of course, a good idea. I hate the way the beams are like now, detonating on contact with a player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom