Beam hit mechanic

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As it is now, any energy attack that hits you, explodes on contact unless you block, and I'm proposing a change to that.

My idea is for beams to be given facing based properties, which alter the amount of damage they can do, and their effects on a target. Effects which range from gradually pushing a player, to completely carrying off someone that's unprepared.

There would be three separate properties for each of the general axis' of any player.

1. Front P.: Any high level beam attack (e.g. KHH, Galit Gun), or high level ball attack (e.g. Spirit Bomb, Big Bang) explodes against the defending player on contact. If the defending player blocks, then damage and blocking s handled as it is now.

2. Top, Bottom, Left, Right, P.: Any beam attack or higher level ball attack that hits a player on any of these general axis' will inflict a moderate amount of damage on a player per second and push them at a low rate of speed (normal fly speed, or slightly faster) in the beams direction until they are able to shove away from the beam. Shoving away from the beam involves something akin to the struggle meter, and if they are able to overpower the beam, the defending player is able to roll off the energy.
The attack will continue along its path with whatever power remains to it, assuming the attacking player disconnected from the beam head. If they didn't, then it continues until it hits the ground, or the attacking player runs out of ki.

3. Back P.: Any beam or higher level ball attack that hits a player from this direction will inflict a high amount of damage on a player per second and carry them at a high rate of speed (swoop speed-ish) in the beams general direction. Players are able to roll off of the attack, but like the previous axis, do not have a chance of redirecting the energy back at their attackers.

Note 1: It takes more ki to roll of an attack from the back, than it would from the side for example, but at least in this case, players would have a chance at avoiding taking maximum damage, or being killed outright by a beam attack.

Note 2: If the attack is strong enough to kill the defending player outright, they are disintegrated regardless of facing (unless blocking)

Note 3: If the defending player dies at any point during their being carried off, the attack continues along with whatever energy remains to it, unless the attacking player is still connected to the attack and feeding energy into it.

Note 4: If a player is carried into a solid object, such as the ground, or another player, the attack explodes and full damage amount is inflicted in addition to the accrued damage.

Thoughts? Crits/Suggestions? Requests for cliffnotes?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That actualy sounds like a balanced out idea.

I like it.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah sounds peachy to me to.

Best answers
mmm...peahces...*drools*

oh! a good idea indeed. but i like the beam system the way it is now :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like also ur idea, also prevents some beam spamming ^_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LegendarY said:
I like also ur idea, also prevents some beam spamming ^_-
Well, the idea doesn't get rid of it all, but in addition to what the team is planning, it would definitely make it more difficult to beam spam. It doesn't reduce the power of beams, it just shifts it around so that it doesn't become unfair for those on the receiving end.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
great idea, beams need somethin like that. That would be alot of fun to do to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom