Beam graphic bug..

Best answers
it is ugly.. but i've never had that problem.. are you running in open GL and have updated drivers?

Best answers
I have the same problem too. Ever since i installed steam it didn't even let me use direct3d so i dont really have a choice.

Mik

Best answers
njaaa its not that bad.... i think they done a great job making the models :D

Best answers
Weclome to the forums Mik,
I wasn't talking about the models :)..I was talking about the beams..

And yes, Im using the latest drivers and I'm running the game in openGL..

Best answers
It's a sprite error, that is where the trail and the beam start sprites connect. They would have to resize the trail to match the size of the beam start. It might be a bug that distorts the sizes like that though, I got the same thing when I use to play.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like a cl_beamsize error. I am not shure if that is a valid cvar anymore or even what it is now. Do a search for cl_ (cvarlist cl_) and find the proper cvar and edit the size.

Best answers
what u should do i lower the quality for beam tht worked for me

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it could be your hl install , my old install of hl use to misbehave in this way , just reinstall hl or cs1.6 or steam (whichever one u r running esf on)

Best answers
I've had the exact same problem and similar problems relating. I don really care except when the beam is so big i can't see in front of me. It doesn't always happen. Also sometimes when i shoot a striaght direction beam at someone it curns for no apparent reason. For Example

[align=center]
[/align]

It arches over and then the glitch with the sprite happens like in the above picture. I doubt its just co-incidence these 2 anomalys happen together and i doubt opengl has to do with the bending arch on the z axis of a beam attack.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The curve happenes because you pressed jump while your beam was fireing.

Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
The curve happenes because you pressed jump while your beam was fireing.
You sure about that cause i'm a beam jumping whore and i've shot beams over distance holding jump and its never curved. I've had this cur effect happen when i'm on the ground, not flying nor jumping, just shooting a beam in a power struggle so i think its unrelated there buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom