beam explosions

Best answers
hey all ,

just a thought could u mak the explosions a bit more spectacular like huge huge! =)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Bigger = not always better. Huge explosions might be causing drops in FPS, and it also hinders the view of people. Especially since the maps are not that big in the mod.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention it overpowers the beams.

There is a reason why people hated EVM 2.0

And teh reason was killing the whole server with one beam attack.

Best answers
Well in the DBZ Series, the explosions were much bigger, but that does NOT mean the damage radius is bigger.

In fact, I don't even think there is radius damage in DBZ, just direct impact, watch a couple videos and tell me what you think.

But I'm for sure, the explosions should be much bigger, also it should shadow the character somewhat.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do know this is the half life engine right?

The maps have a limit to their size. So gigant explosions would do very little to help gameplay.

Best answers
You do know this is the half life engine right?

The maps have a limit to their size. So gigant explosions would do very little to help gameplay.
I don't mean gigantic GIGANTIC explosions, lol, but just bigger so you get that satisfaction that you know that you've blown something up, heh.

I used to set the explosion size in my 1.2 server a lot to make it feel more like DBZ, it actually kind of worked out for films and such.

Best answers
It *is* a little sad to power an attack like final flash, supposedly able to destroy the earth (NO i'm not saying it should do that <.<) send a nice and flashy beam on, and the explosion is smaller than that of a High explosive grenade in Counterstrike..

But if we were supposed to match the movies, we shouldn't even have explosions always, If the beams were strong enough there are many examples of the characters simply being vaporised from the intensity of the beam.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would be happy if explosions were only better designed and keeping the same size. I would'nt like to see a BIG explosion and just after it dissipates seeing a small black crater like some firewood was burned up the night before.

Best answers
i like the ideia of a bigger explosion.. not THAT big! bug bigger.. like, lets say, the double size of the open beta final size... and it dont have to kill all the server.. it just need to fit to the ESF actual graphical quality.

sucess

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But if we were supposed to match the movies, we shouldn't even have explosions always, If the beams were strong enough there are many examples of the characters simply being vaporised from the intensity of the beam.
That was kinda in the open beta from its first release ^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And still is right? That was one very much needed feature in ESF.
I didnt say it was thrown out did i ^^

Its simple. If a beam would kill someone on impact. Instead of blowing up. It gibs him and goes on like a disc.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, but you said it WAS kind in the open beta from its first release. I would'nt ask you that if you've said: "it IS kind in the open beta from its first release"

Never mind the details ^^ glad it wasnt thrown out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom