beam explosion effects

Best answers
when you shoot a beam and if some one is close to the explosion like there hair should move because of the explsion power you know just like in the anime or like they cover there eyes or something.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is half life 1 not 2.

I dont think this is possible.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
well it's possible like the stance when u get hit by a beam the same principle when u close to a beam , u can move but the char's hand to cover his eyez bla bla bla

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega, why shouldn't it be possible? It's just an animation of the hair moving when close to an explosion, in a similair way that your clothes will move in 1.3 when you are powering up. Or when your hair moves when you transform. But I have to agree with dany_goku, I don't see the point in doing it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Grega, why shouldn't it be possible? It's just an animation of the hair moving when close to an explosion, in a similair way that your clothes will move in 1.3 when you are powering up. Or when your hair moves when you transform. But I have to agree with dany_goku, I don't see the point in doing it.
It's not really possible because we'd have to do the hair blowing away from the explosion for pretty much all the animations we do. Because we don't know what animation your model will be doing when the explosion goes off. And unless you want to randomly go into some standing stance and see your hair briefly move a bit, it won't work.

And then also it wont always explode from the same direction, so we'd have to do at least 8 separate variations of each animation to make it look real. And considering we already have well over 100 animations per character.. well.. you see my point.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, Kama, that means it would be possible, but would require way too much work. Hence the, "I don't see the point" part.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Making hair move back while a explosion occurs does not have a point, Not to mention that the Explosion's light blanks out everything, so you couldnt even see that charaters hair move back, and everybody doesnt have hair.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Well, Kama, that means it would be possible, but would require way too much work. Hence the, "I don't see the point" part.
Congrats? Would you like a medal? Go home nub? Ty.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just one thing if a beam/ball hit the ground then the ground will sake,for some realism

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the ground shakes the whole map shakes. Its better the way it is now. If you get hit directly your screen shakes. And its less anoying than making it shake evrery single time an attack explodes on the ground >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom