Beam Camera

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Hey, i dont know if this is already been discussed or anything... I was thinking if u guys
think is better to make the camera change it's position when using beam powers, i think it'd give a better aiming, since is difficult to see at what you're aiming at with the beam blocking your vision...

I dont know if i made myself clear x_x

-Good Luck with the MOTY

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I must say it would be nifty having a nikita style beam - if, say, it was projected onto small 'screen' in the corner of the play area. Im not sure if it can be done, but I must say Id enjoy the feature.

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
hummm nikita or redeemer style beam is not good because the user gets to be more vulnerable to other's attacks.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well im not sure if u guys mean first person, but yeahm that would make u more vulnerable, but perhaps a zoom out (cuz as far as i remember, the zoom out doesnt go that far in ESF) would make it more comfortable at aiming.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the team has this on their "To do" list for ESF.;)

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
never hurts to reinforce the teams decisions.

i think an optional, 3rd person beam view would be handy. but not every beam i use is gonna be meant to hit something so i stress the optional part.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
1.3 should have a sort of homing feature for beams so I don't think this is needing.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I dont know about homing but here's something i just remembered that used to bother me...

When u are at a long distance and use a beam power is really hard to see where the opponent is, since the beam base use to be bigger than the tail (sorry if i'm not making myself clear) so is hard to follow the opponent's movement (or even sometimes when u intend to power struggle and u just lose sight of the enemy's beam once u fire your's).

So, im not saying a homing feature should be implemented, but at least an option to allow u to follow the beam's vision or something like that would make beam usage more comfortable for players.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
haha yeah, i first opened the topic to present that idea, but then i decided
to present the current one xD
about going into the beam's vision, that could be optional by pressing a button too

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Fly by wire beams might be a good idea. My only concern would not being able to see what else might be coming at you. I'll talk to raven and some others and see what they think.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Fly by wire beams might be a good idea. My only concern would not being able to see what else might be coming at you. I'll talk to raven and some others and see what they think.
yeah i know thats the only problem, but thats why I said it could be optional, and perhaps it could give a little more dynamic to the mod to switch into the "easy and dangerous" and the "hard and careful" modes for using beam powers :D (thats if is not too hard to make the camera change by just pressing a button in game)

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
How about, having an option in the options menu, and if you select it, it will make your beams "only your" to get like 30% transparent? Does'nt seem to be a bad idea, I just dont know if it would give much work, but evaluating what i've seen in Sven Co-op it should'nt be that hard for coders.

sorry for the offtopic but
this made me have an idea to

the third person or first person cam on a beam would be cool yes with a button though.
but my idea is more for the beamstruggles. i think when a beamstruggle started that you must have an option to have a sight that includes the 2 players with the struggle.
something like:

http://www.cheatcc.com/imagesx360/dbzburstlimit_00.jpg
http://art1.server06.sheezyart.com/image/147/1470964.png
That seems to be unecessary effort, but still would be a great eye candy no doubt about that

Last edited:
Best answers
i think i posted this idea before, so im with you, a beam camera could be very good.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Since there is beam lock on, it seems almost redundant, but i did mention in the 2nd post that it should appear in a window in the corner of your screen, so as not to cut between normal 3rd person POV and the 1st POV of the beam. I dont know why theres any debate about vulnerablility

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually having a screen in a screen would instantly half your FPS.

Besides beam lockon fixes that option since now all the beams have it.

And as such well be messing with the beam turn rate.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Since there is beam lock on, it seems almost redundant, but i did mention in the 2nd post that it should appear in a window in the corner of your screen, so as not to cut between normal 3rd person POV and the 1st POV of the beam. I dont know why theres any debate about vulnerablility
Nah, I'd rather not have that.

Since I'm too lazy to read this thread, I'm going to assume it has to do with the size of the beam heads in the latest open beta. It will be fixed, don't worry.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, I'd rather not have that.

Since I'm too lazy to read this thread, I'm going to assume it has to do with the size of the beam heads in the latest open beta. It will be fixed, don't worry.
No dumdum the suggestion was to make a window apear showing movement from the beam. Basically a behind the beam camera that would allow you to controll the beam directly. Like swoop forward and aim.

But tergeting solves the sniping issue.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well by what i see that beam camera would be good...
but i think of an idea that when you charge the beam
maybe you make it like this that there is some sort of button or something (still don't know how) that when both players launch their beams and the beams are one against another (meaning there will be a beam struggle) what about when the players launch the beam the camera is from the beam's head and in the end both the beams hit and then happens something like this http://art1.server06.sheezyart.com/image/147/1470964.png and this http://www.cheatcc.com/imagesx360/dbzburstlimit_00.jpg

that's my idea ^^

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
would still leave you open to attck no matter what unless they made it so that the 2 players in the strugle become immune to attacks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom