Beam Attacks

Best answers
Hey iv'e been gone a while and im back now and i got a new idea. Ok the way it works: you've seen in the movies, when people are at a higher pl their beams are larger. It works the same in the game but i was a little disappointed first playing. Beams at first you need a dead on hit to hurt them enemy, the aoe sucks, and all you can use is melle till a high level. Eventually you get so high a level, you nuke the whole map everyone complains and leaves. Most servers are a "melle must" nobody ever uses beams, its just melle everywhere. The only time you see somebody use beams is when its to nuke the whole make (for example cell games they spam wish, transform ss, then nuke the map). Well ok theres many ideas but heres some things i have to say. First improve the beam in some way so it balances out melle and beams, because everyone uses melle more then beams.

Ok heres my idea to improve them. When you see in the movies, for example frieza...goku...krilling and all that have super powerful beams when they are higher transformed levels of power. Well if you noticed when they shot beams, the beam was rather large like in the game, but you never see it explode until it hits a mountain, but even then it sort of fades away.
A beam should be a straight through attack. The beam goes on THROUGH opponents, and slowly takes away haelth (more health faster for more ki) until they move or something (usually theyd get desentigrated but that would overpower beams).

The basic plan. Find some way to improve beams so they are just as good as melle. My idea, to make a beam go on through and around opponents, doing damage quickly but taking certain amounts of health (maybe 10 per second, or an instant kill depending on ki levels) and the beam doesnt explode until the player detonates it, or it collides with a skybox/wall.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for that youd have to make 3 difrent.

1 beams would have to move superfast
2 the size would have to be manipulated so its bigger than a character
3 due to idea 2 you cant see where you are aming so just make the beam go as idea 1 but go straight. Since it would be hard to contorll if you cant see where you are aiming.

Oh and tone down the splash damage already >.>

Best answers
Well... if I remember right in one of the outlines, an idea was mentioned where if a person was a certain amount of power level higher than you (with the bigger beams) you would just be vaporized, and the beam would keep going. Other than that I don't think there are any beam changes (That I remember).

Best answers
Tis exactly what i mean, and maybe make an option where you can pull view back and forward in game, so you have a wider view of range both behind and around your person. Also what do you mean "tweak it" Jakut? Well sometimes when you think about it, if you do have that high of a powerlevel you cant see anyways, but maybe have it smaller, because the only reason you cant see is the beam size at your hand.
Example:

oO========

The lines are your beam the o is you, big O is beam start. When you shoot the beam with high pls, you cant see because the beam STARTS big, and then go small, it should come frm your hand, and then grow to a certain extent, and then go on at that size, and yes the beams should be slight faster, because if a vegeta shoots a turboed ff, your losing ki as ss, beaming, and flying, and the beam is going so slow. Im goku, i simply fly to the right, wham they miss, they target me, i move again, so now im saturn with this beam orbiting me, going so slow i dont need to use any ki, well the vegeta loses ki, reverts, and then hits a wall. Vegetas screwed over because of the slow beam. You look at spirit bomb and death ball, they are super strong, AND move really fast, beams are really slow. Tone up beam speed, make a smaller start of the beam from your hands, and make them vaporize you or do high amounts of damage without the beam dieing until it hits a cliff. (another idea) maybe if when you shoot a beam, a flash goes from your hand and blinds some people a bit (brighter flash depends on ki) and then the moment they see it wham, vaporized, or a moment to try and block it, and maybe beam feedback. When you launch a beam, it shoots you back some, and the beam explodes from your hands. Usually its just a yell and a sprite fires out and hits something. Feedback, backrounds flashes, maybe some more beam imrpovements (im not sure if this is just eyecandy, but it would greatly improve the gameplay in my opinion)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woah alot of ideas there......
The idea of a flash might work, but won't people just keep on using the beams then by using beam and blind the guy then directly switch to melee and kick his ass, while they are still blind, but if you look into it in another way it might work.....

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Woah alot of ideas there......
The idea of a flash might work, but won't people just keep on using the beams then by using beam and blind the guy then directly switch to melee and kick his ass, while they are still blind, but if you look into it in another way it might work.....
That idea would also mean Trunks would have 1 more usseless attack.

Best answers
on dbz b3 i use goku and my fav attack is warp kamahamaha i keep kicking and when i have anough ki then a use the big ****.

nge

Best answers
Beams are NOT UNDERPOWERED. A dead on hit? You can fire the things nowhere near them to cause damage, and a dead on hit with a gen beam can cause 60 or so damage. Use the "Detonation" ability, and you'll find every beam is effective at something.

Besides, your idea would make the beams pretty much worthless. Your reaction time would have to be QUITE slow in order to get hit my most beams in most situations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dj goku said:
on dbz b3 i use goku and my fav attack is warp kamahamaha i keep kicking and when i have anough ki then a use the big ****.
Thank you for that highly irrelavent post. I know you're new but please keep discussion of Budokai 3 in the Video Gaming section.

Best answers
nge said:
Beams are NOT UNDERPOWERED. A dead on hit? You can fire the things nowhere near them to cause damage, and a dead on hit with a gen beam can cause 60 or so damage. Use the "Detonation" ability, and you'll find every beam is effective at something.

Besides, your idea would make the beams pretty much worthless. Your reaction time would have to be QUITE slow in order to get hit my most beams in most situations.
1. Exactly what i said, increase beam speed to a high amount and make beams slightly larger. No a dead on gen beam doesnt do 60 damage, thats a kahme at start game. Then if your using detonation, the aoe isnt that high anyways, so it wont do much. Beams are underpowered. In an adv melle, if you can make 50% of the hits you can do atleast 50 damage to your opponent, especially with combos. Beams sorta are pretty much worthless anyways. Its just a beam and a hit. Melle has instant him, double hit, throw, combos, dead on forcefull direction punching, and theres even more in 1.3. Ah yes and i forgot, if youd notice the detonation wont help. A simple teleport, you miss, lose ki. Beams suck! All they do is take up ki, theres nothing fancy about them. In the movie they are super fast, super powerful, and a bit of a different topic, ki blasts are way to slow...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Feromorna said:
1. Exactly what i said, increase beam speed to a high amount and make beams slightly larger. No a dead on gen beam doesnt do 60 damage, thats a kahme at start game. Then if your using detonation, the aoe isnt that high anyways, so it wont do much. Beams are underpowered. In an adv melle, if you can make 50% of the hits you can do atleast 50 damage to your opponent, especially with combos. Beams sorta are pretty much worthless anyways. Its just a beam and a hit. Melle has instant him, double hit, throw, combos, dead on forcefull direction punching, and theres even more in 1.3. Ah yes and i forgot, if youd notice the detonation wont help. A simple teleport, you miss, lose ki. Beams suck! All they do is take up ki, theres nothing fancy about them. In the movie they are super fast, super powerful, and a bit of a different topic, ki blasts are way to slow...
You do know that Vegetas Final Flash can take out half the map right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom