Battlefield 2142... Cancelled!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This has to be the sickest of jokes ever made.

EA/DICE announced that the upcoming Sci-Fi shooter Battlefield 2142 has been cancelled. Here is a statement made by Johan Bergman, Executive Producer for Battlefield 2142.

“We are sad to announce that a decision was made to cancel Battlefield 2142. One of the main reasons behind this decision is we felt the community will not support this product, and we would not like to release another incomplete product. Secondly, due to a recent poll it was shown that a near majority of users will not buy this product. This essentially means there will be nearly no profit made, so I will not be able to make my car payments on my Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano vehicle. Any users interested in this car in buying this car, please contact me.

Furthermore a decision was made to focus on supporting Battlefield 2 through patches and listening to the entire community instead of the crying sounds of pubnubs.”

-Johan Bergman
-Battlefield 2142 Executive Producer
-DICE Sweden
For one, I don't think anyone would support Battlefield 2142 as much as Battlefield 2, another thing is "Furthermore, a decision was made to focus on supporting Battlefield 2 through patches and listening to the entired community instead of the crying sounds of pubnubs" they should have done that in the first place...

By the way, I know it's an April fools joke, but to me, when I read the last part of the statement, I seriously hope that wasn't a joke.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who knows, they may end up reviving the project in the future. I was kinda looknig forward to a good mech warrior style sought of game though, sad they canceled it now :(, but maybe they will continue delvelopment in the future as I stated before.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amnestometh said:
Perhaps tomorrow? :rolleyes:
Think of a realistic figure. Seeing as how people heard about this game, they may want it to come out, & ea makes a lot of games, so ther'e probably bound to do so in the future when you think about it. Not sayying they will for sure, but ther is always that possibility.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
General Overlord said:
Think of a realistic figure. Seeing as how people heard about this game, they may want it to come out, & ea makes a lot of games, so ther'e probably bound to do so in the future when you think about it. Not sayying they will for sure, but ther is always that possibility.
The mere fact that its april 1st means that they're lying.

fyi: for those who don't know, april 1st, aka april fools day, is accepted the world over as being the day for prank-playing and lying in good fun.

So if you hear something from a trust source (like a game company *coughea/dicecough*, or mod team *coughesfcough*) on this day automatically assume their lying no matter how much they insist you believe them.

j00 h4ve b33n w4rned

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me smacks self for forgetting about april fools this year, oh well, always next year :p.

I can't belive though that all the recent april pranks have caught a lot of people off guard though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
April 1st, 2005 caught me off guard. I vowed not to let it happen to me again. And it hasn't. Has anybody managed any good pranks lately? I haven't seen a single prank outside of the internet.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it does but it involves the protest here in California which we aren't allowed to talk about but anyways,

I'm going to buy Battlefield 2142 when it comes out. =)

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
OH. MY. GOD.

Some people are so easy to fool. HAHAHA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom