Battlefield 2 AA problems?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok guys, I have just installed BF2.
Is it just me or are the AA really bad in this game?

I have a Sapphire Radeon X800 XT 256MB GFX.
I have maxed out the AA settings in the ATI control pannel and as well in the in-game settings but I still have badly jaggered edges... like the AA doesnt work =/

Does anyone know how to solve this problem as it just doesnt seem much better than Battlefield 1942 with this AA problem.

Thanks!

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
In the ATi control panel, try setting to "Application Preference" or something along those lines and see if it's better ingame.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried before and still crappy =(
I look for quality, not performance... that is why I was shocked when I put everything on high/ max including the ATI control panel and it looks like the setting "low" on the in-game menu.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No idea... from what I've heard, BF2 isn't ... a game, more like a headache.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
=0!
I thought I witnessed a few bugs... didnt think to report them though... ah well ;)

The game still needs alot of work... this is what happens when you rush games =O

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I have yet to play DBZ Sagas, heard it is good...heh

To tell the truth, the only difference from BF 1942 to BF 2 are different animations and models. XD

itr

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Jayster said:
To tell the truth, the only difference from BF 1942 to BF 2 are different animations and models. XD
I guess the new engine wouldn't be a difference would? .....

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well its a difference but please tell me if you anything different as in big things?

The only good things are the minor things like vehicles and the new features.

Its a good game, dont get me wrong, I just think it is too much BF 1942-ie.

Edit: This has more rag-doll effects than BF 2 http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/bubblegirl.html

Best answers
Dunno what to tell you Jayster. I seem to get hit with every single BF2 bug there is. Takes me about 15 minutes average to 'Verify client data.' The so called 'patch' that was released the other day was said to fix server browsing problems, if you hit 'Refresh' more than once you have to restart the game before being able to find more servers.
The worst part is you'll get better support from a 5 year old. If you e-mail EA about your problem you'll get a reply from a computer suggestion to 'close all programs before running the game, update network drivers,' and all those other bull**** suggestions that rarely work.
All in all, when you actually get INTO the game and it's not bugging out by some kind of lag/graphical glitch it's really fun though.
But...
Electronic Arts is the worst gaming company ever created.
And I really wish every one who works there could see that. The guys over at Dice definatly made a great game, but unfortunatly it's on one of the most inefficiant engines ever created.

P.S. The bubble girl thing is definatly the most entertaining flash video ever.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I strongly agree.
The Intro has to be the best part of the game!
But like you said, when you actually get into the game, it is fun and very amusing!

The bubble girl is an amazing flash... it has better rag doll than BF2 and didnt take 3/4 of a year to make =)...heh
Seriously though... i would watch that flash all day XD

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's funny, because how you all seem to feel about BF2 seems to be exactly how I feel about HL2, but inverted.

See, HL2 ran awful for me and it was just one endless headache of horrendously long load times, lag spikes during gameplay, and general autosaving aggravation. But everyone told me I was crazy to think it mediocre shoddy and half-assed, and that, to quote Sonic Boyster (not verbatim, of course), "the game runs great for everyone else so clearly you have a problem on your system."

Well Battlefield 2 is another iffy game, but it seems this time I lucked out for once, and it works really well for me, even at medium/high settings. That being said, I use 2xAA (something I can't do in a lot of other games without a notable performance hit) and I'm not really seeing a huge difference, but I use it so seldomly that I don't I could have told either way with 2x. BUT...the game also runs well. So I seem to have gained relatively little visual benefits, but lost no performance. So for what it's worth I'd wager that the game just has crap AA, though I have no way of knowing for sure.

It's EA. I'm surprised they even included a setting for it. I wouldn't put it past them to have it in there as an option but not actually do anything. Heh.

itr

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It's EA. I'm surprised they even included a setting for it. I wouldn't put it past them to have it in there as an option but not actually do anything. Heh.
DICE made the game, not EA.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but EA forced them to release it too early. Also, could SaiyanPrideXIX and Jayster post a screenshot of their AA in BF2?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Very poor because none at all is being used. I read that BF2 came with special drivers, maybe try those?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they were only drivers for the Geforce series as most people with Geforce graphic cards couldnt run the game.

Best answers
What catalyst drivers are you using Jayster? Looks like 5.6 are the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom