Battle Royale

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me just start this out with: "Amazing."

I have had a few friends of mine who used to rave about the book "Battle Royale" -- I always thought they were annoying when they talked about it, but now I realize why they couldn't stop raving about it.

About a week ago, I went into Barnes & Noble looking for the original DOOM series of books (only found book #2 and #3). Since I they didn't even have book #1 I decided to just look around and ran into Battle Royale. I had hours to spare so I decided to sit down and read it to see if I actually wanted to buy it.

Next thing I knew, it was two hours later, I COULDN'T PUT THE BOOK DOWN!

Ever since then I have been popping into B&N and continuing from where I left off (the local library only has the mangas). I am not done reading the book, but I did happen to pick up a subbed version of the movie.

The movie is not as good but still is great. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE BOOK/MOVIE TO EVERYONE

You can get more information on the book & movie @ http://www.BattleRoyaleFilm.net

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, this is one of my favorite graphic novels/manga/whatever. Lots of violence, deception, and other stuff that I cant mention.

Pistol > Jaw.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The movie is hilarious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this the movie where they are all put on an island with a weapon and they all have to kill each other?

If so, I heard about it, maybe ill read it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
Is this the movie where they are all put on an island with a weapon and they all have to kill each other?

If so, I heard about it, maybe ill read it.

Yes, it is. The movie doesn't have the best acting, but the book is great.

You can read the first 10 chapters of it HERE

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yes. The teacher is hilarious in the movie. Heh.
Yeah, I almost feel sorry for him in the movie, but in the book he is a total ****.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ive seen the movie and the sequel to it, loved both of them :D

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I love Takeshi Kitano, he's hillarious.

Best answers
Yes. The teacher is hilarious in the movie. Heh.
Is the teacher the guy that throwing knived the kid in the head because she was talking to someone or something? I laughed my ass off at that.

The film is fantastic though. Apart from a couple of moments, I also took it very seriously aswell. Certain parts are ridiculously harsh, such as the scene in the lighthouse where they turn against each other. Shame it's not been on TV for a while, might have to try and get it on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom