Battle of Gods content ?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey there, have been following ESF for a couple of years now, but never actually used the forums. So yes, since Battle of Gods is considered canon I was wondering if ESF going to have any related content ?

I'm not talking about having it right away at launch, I'm talking about future updates and stuff.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No, ESF is only based on Dragon Ball Z Series ONLY! not movies. And there will be no Bills, no broly, no cooler. Nothing that isn't related to the DBZ series. Just episodes.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, that's a shame. Was hoping to at least see Broly and Cooler. Oh well.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite being canon, it's still a movie. ESF won't be seeing any content from Battle of the Gods.

Closing this thread since your question has been answered. Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just an addendum.

Nyte, there is nothing stopping fan-made addons from coming through. If a fan wants to make a server dedicated to movie characters, I doubt it wouldn't be possible.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Now as Dam said we won't include movie content but since when is movie content considered canon? For me everything that's in the manga volume is the only canon.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright am gonna open this thread up for discussion, since we've already got like 3 edits in already.

No offtopic stuff though or this gets closed again.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright am gonna open this thread up for discussion, since we've already got like 3 edits in already.

No offtopic stuff though or this gets closed again.
The original question was answered already, so there's not much left besides offtopic.

So yeah, BOG isn't canon. To the manga™, anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And what if someone else makes those characters that match ESF standards?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And what if someone else makes those characters that match ESF standards?
We will not be including any content from BD, DBZ fillers, DBGT or any of the movies.

If someone makes the models feel free to use them as an alternate for an existing character.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can you explain me the logic behind limiting something you dont have to?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the flip side, why include more characters? Why does ESF need to have characters from the movies? There's more to creating a character than just creating a model and texture, and then animating it. The coders have to program the character and its attacks in, the FX artists have to create effects for the character, and then there's the whole issue with balancing the character and making it unique. ESF is pretty unique compared to most other DBZ games, where the characters are quite different than the others. Having to do that and making the character unlike any others is just a waste of time, because eventually you're going to just be making clones of characters with slightly different movesets and different looks. I'm sure at this point, if any others were to be added to the roster there would be issues with having to make them unique. It's just unnecessary work that's being added to the workload, when the roster is already large enough.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you explain me the logic behind limiting something you dont have to?
Cause we actually have to limit ourselves. The big Budokai games make round 5 character archtypes that are reused for the entire rooster of 100 chars. We have a unique set of animations for each character and form individually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom