BAttle damaging! new version

Best answers
my idea is that clothes gets a extra model which get layed over the playermodels....if its possible to add hp to these they could get destroyed after receiving damage....that would then also stay when a player get healed(if that is still possible later) all that would go would be the scratches which got layed over the player skin...the scratches and stuff come after the player gets damaged enough...the clothes get destroyed depending on which one u have chosen...at this point its maybe possible to add a lot different ones...jackets..pants and stuff....so not every goku on the server would look the same...and when every little part of the clothes is destroyed then u see a nude goku(with nude i sure mean with boxershorts)
every outfit could have different hp....like u maybe know the goku outfit made by kaio was made out of special stuff....normal jacket gets way easier destroyed than the old goku outfit but still destroyable like in the show! dont worry i dont want no playboy in dragonball style^^ maybe the team gets a idea to do it in some way...sometimes a dumb idea brings the best ideas!

from another thread:

and for the models....it aint that hard to add some scratches and stuff on the models and add the modelchange to a specific among of hp....it is some extra work sure thing.....maybe they figure out a way to make it easier...like clothes get a extra model....and on the normal model only scratches will be overlayed...over the normal skin and the normal clothes are destroyable...would be awesome!^^ that way u could add other clothes to the models...not every goku on the server would look the same.....and adding some scratches and stuff wouldnt then be a big problem either...the clothes model would stay for all transformation stages....and if they gonna add healing...then only the damaged on the skin gets healed....and the clothes stay that way....laying a model over another one is possible....adding some scratches which only get layed over the model shouldnt be that problem either...if they can add a scratch over another skin it would be real easy.......if they would have to make a skin for every stage...its a bit more work....but well...i even think i gonna suggest that cloth over model thingy:p if that is realisable then the modeler dont even have to make a lot more models....just one "nude" model and not even all chars have clothes...they take the clothes and add some hp to them and well i dont know exactly how its possible without killing performance that much but maybe it gives a idea

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the same thread you quoted the second post from.

You clearly have no knowledge of Half Life or how it works it would seem. So let me break it down for you.

Every scratch on the model every tear in the clothes every limp in the walking would require a separate model.

As as example giving Goku the ability to have a torn shirt and torn pants would result in 4 Goku models taht need to be made:
1.) Normal with no damage
2.) Pants torn, no damage to the shirt
3.) Shirt torn, no damage to the pants
4.) Shirt and pants torn.

Now lets add a bloody left hand to the mix and see what we get:

1.) Normal with no damage, no damage on hand
2.) Normal with no damage, hand damaged
3.) Pants torn, no damage to the shirt, no damage on hand
4.) Pants torn, no damage to the shirt, hand damaged
5.) Shirt torn, no damage to the pants, no damage on hand
6.) Shirt torn, no damage to the pants, hand damaged
7.) Shirt and pants torn, no damage on hand
8.) Shirt and pants torn, hand damaged

So its 8 models just for 3 possible damage outcomes. Adding a ripped of shirt to the mix would add another 4 more models because it kinda replaces the torn shirt.

So if you have 6 areas of damage that can be done to the model that do not overlap with previous damage areas such as (right leg, left leg, right hand, left hand, pants, shirt) as a result you must make 2^6 models which is exactly 64 models just for 6 damage areas. For 1 character.

Why you ask, cause we have animated clothes, and if we want to continue with such quality, we would have to animate the tears in the clothes, we would have to animate the different movement for the damaged body parts and so on.

Yes we could do clothes separately, but the result would be arms and legs occasionally popping out of the clothes on certain animations. And even that wouldnt help since we would pretty much have to model so many separate clothes pieces that still need to be animated.

So if you are really keen on this happening, why dont you show what kind of skills you have and lend a hand.
So additionally to still having to create a gazillion models, you would also have to be really carefull not to cause clipping with the 2 models interacting with each other.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd make modelling pretty complicated, swapping models requires a vast number of models and model layers require each level of clothing to be animated with the main body. Decals would be feasible but they'd look pretty odd.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Decals would only cover some skin parts. The issue would be more with the following scenario.

"Oh my god. My arm is bleeding so much its all red, but i can still move it with no pain"

Basically if we would want quality, we would need animation changes for the damaged parts to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom