Battle Damage / A new game type

Best answers
Ok, lets get started

say your characters HP has 75% of max, Shirt is torn a little. A few Scratches on Model

say your characters HP has 50% of max, Shirt is completely off, unless your Goku, or some other character with under shirt.

say your characters HP has 25% of max tail is cut in half (Frieza) shirt is off if your Goku or a character with under shirt, so naked torso,.... yea yea stop laughing it's not that funny.

So yea that's my idea. o_o and if you don't get the reason why this would be good then let me explain.

Ok so there is a couple reasons why this would be cool.

1. It's cool it looks awesome.... nuff said

2. shows the attacking player a hint as of how much HP they have.

3. If you are playing a team death match game your allies would be able to throw you sensu beans with out wasting it not knowing wither you have HP.

Ok so my idea for a new game type is

KING OF THE HILL

pretty self explanatory.

Ok so another Idea for a game type

Coop missions
:rolleyes:
Yea yea i know you guys aren't going to make a campaign, or single player mode. But can you at least give us a couple missions.

Defeat Frieza
Defeat the Androids (A17/A18/A16)
Defeat Cell
Defeat Buu

It would be a cooperative kinda of thing. Sensu beans come in handy cause if you die you have to wait for next round. (when all players die) Just make the bots supremely bad ass to fight! And I'm sure several people would thank you for it, I mean seriously who wouldn't think it's cool. :smile:

So yeah that is all of my ideas at the moment

I agree with this melee Idea though :D you should really consider it for advance melee. :smile:
http://esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71871

Best answers
I think it's been brought up before that switching model types like this during the game would be difficult and create lag. It's a great idea though.

I think they need to add Team play game modes like King of the Hill too. That'd be a cool idea.

Maybe Capture the Dragon Ball, and just make whoever gets to 7 first the winner. You'd need to keep the Dragon Ball safe at your base point for 10 seconds to get the capture for it. Make it spawn randomly around the middle of the map, and it becomes visible on the radar after 30 seconds to promote fighting and searching in between.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem isnt so much lag, but the sheer amount of mdls needed. It adds up pretty damn quickly, and HL has its limits.

There are over a dozen characters (including buddies)
You have multiple forms per class. Lets say an average of 3 forms over 9 classes. thats 27 mdls.
Now if each of those had just one battle-damaged version, that 54 mdls. and depending on how the 'damage' is modelled, may need reskinning, rerigging, and reanimation. I think HL has a 64 mdl limit?

I think it would be an awesome feature, but it sacrifices too much useable memory imo.

Also i would leave the 'campagin' stuff to talented scripters who want to run inventive servers.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry to say but all of them have been suggested before and shot down. Trust me, if they were simple and quick to implement the team might have done them.

However, KYnetiK is right so it's a no go. I also believe CTDB is planned so sit tight!

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
maybe a texture swap would be possible, i mean some shreds, cuts, blood when low on hp.. but then again all of the esf models are using half texture, the other half is mirrored so the cuts would look strange, or we could double the texture count for different cuts on both sides, that would really increase model size, and the beta is getting pretty big already.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Multiple skins is possible, but it is a fair bit of work, and like you said, assymetry can be a problem. It would be cool to see a skin with cuts and bruises, but im not so sure its worth it. An amx script that did this would be interesting indeed.

Best answers
yea, :rolleyes: i kinda knew they probably would be rejected.

but what about king of the hill ya know. might be a intresting gametype. :cool:

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF Team has created bloom/shaders. Can't it be modified a bit in game? Maybe it's possible to make a character look damaged? I mean not the scratches on the shirt or something, but like my son (Doormat) said some cuts, blood.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well i kinda mainly meant scratches
There wont be scratches so forget it (scratches would require new models). My idea is better if it's possible at all...

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There wont be scratches so forget it (scratches would require new models). My idea is better if it's possible at all...
From what I understand, you mean something like the blood splatters on player models when hit in CS:S?

It can be done on terrain (i.e blast marks) but I'm not certain it can be done on player models. I may be wrong though.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Y'know...in the kind of level of detail used in Goldsource, I'd say it would be rather foolhardy to actually MODEL scratches on...If this were to be implemented at all, it would need to be through gradual skin changes, which probably wouldn't be very hard to implement through Photoshop alterations. There should never need to be a whole new model for something as trivial as battle damage. Even today such things are usually implemented through textures and materials, though the more sophisticated ones uses point-specific decals. With the Goldsource engine though, and the fact that hits in ESF are pretty imprecise, general damage is more feasible than specific damage.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I understand, you mean something like the blood splatters on player models when hit in CS:S?

It can be done on terrain (i.e blast marks) but I'm not certain it can be done on player models. I may be wrong though.
I mean the cuts and blood ON THE BODY. If it's possible to modify the bloom/shader thing in-game.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What does cuts and blood have to do with bloom shaders?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Making subskins for scratches, bruises, cuts, swollen eye etc isnt too hard to implement. Not necessary, but damn it would be cool.

In terms of general blood decals, I dont see what would be so difficult about this. I also recall a mass blood/gibbs amx plugin that really amped things up.

I dont get how bloom shaders are relevant in this topic either o_O

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Neither do I.

Well KYnetiK, you've confirmed that it's possible on player models. I'm not certain it's too important. Most of the time, you don't really have a chance to look at another player up close.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I fail.

Hi, Doormat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom