Battle Arena II (W.I.P)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi everyone, I have the resources to make maps once again and after seeing how far DD and imkongkong have come I was inspired to try and make something. I'm not really displaying the map because I tried something simple and still fell at the first gate ;/

It's 'Battle Arena II' from DBZ Movie 9 (Bojack Unbound).The centerpiece is a three-part pyramid with four windy tube-things coming out of the corners into the arena stands:

I failed at making the stands. I can make them using shear and clipping for square arenas, but this is circular, and I can't work out how to do it and keep everything tidy and together.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice map concept Ravie :3

It has plenty of potential, make use of that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks CS =)

Little update, added the squiggly tubes...now it looks like a monster octopus :eek:

Still can't work out this circular arena seating though >.<

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who says it has to be circular?

You can try making a texture that looks like wiewers. than you dont need the stairs part ;) So and you fill those testures to the final wall.

Anyhow it looks great :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
use two (or more) triangular brushes instead of box sizes ones for each segment and you can make it round :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
much tru dj much tru.. also since theres so many seats, make it slanted and jus texture on the seats, so you have much more resources for other stuff.. i think zero did that with the otherworld tourny map

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Update ftw:

The seating is functional (ESF doesn't crash) but it needs to be cleaned up a bit. After that...texturing! Any C&C at this point?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blue those textures up!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks pretty good, i suggest thoe building teh stadium seats more.. where theres entrances put those, etc.. it looks like you have a lot to spare >_< and those seats, how much at an angle are they? they seem to just go straight up, maybe its just the view

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So far there are two maps i can't wait to get done! This map kicks as much ass as imkongkongs map. Very nice job. I can't wait until it's done :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Kama - The blue is just dramatic lighting, once the blue lights fade out the colour scheme is a lot more normal. I could make a blue version too using blue lights =)

@imkongkong - You're right, I need to add the gaps where the tubes lead out of the arena and also the ring things that connect the tubes to the ground. They're at a steep angle but they were like that in the movie...I think.

@Fire Phoenix - Thanks very much =D

Can someone tell me where to get the latest .fgd? The one where you can see player/env models when you zoom in on the entities? It would really help with scale issues i'm having. The one in the sticky isn't that one.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Can someone tell me where to get the latest .fgd? The one where you can see player/env models when you zoom in on the entities? It would really help with scale issues i'm having. The one in the sticky isn't that one.
Sorry but you wont find such a FGD file.

Since what you are talking about is a beta version of hammer (version 3.5 beta).

Look here

Best answers
Wow, Ravendust. I really like that map! The only thing I don't like about it, is that it doesn't have the blue color and the lights from that particular place in the Bojack movie. I hope you will add those blue lights like Kama suggested. Other than that, I love it, keep up the good work :).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Coming along pretty nicely, it'll be nice to see with the dramatic lighting. Use func_illusionary entities with the HL "fade" textures for the spotlights; that usually makes for a good effect.

Or if you get bored, you could always turn the map into the Pyramid of Power from Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past, complete with Ganon's bat-shaped hole (sorry, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pictures XD).

Best answers
I didn't know you mapped RD :D looking good, are you gonna make those little ship things that connects to the other maps too? if you itll be huge o_O but anways good job :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom