Batman Arkham Origins Multiplayer

Best answers
Hello everyone.I was wondering if any of you played the multiplayer for Batman Arkham Origins, and if so, who experienced the error 3, where it tells you that the connection to origins could not be established and so on.Does anyone know why I get this error and if there is a patch/fix for it?I didn't find anything relevant on google, just forums with the same question and a lot of people saying "me too" as a reply.I know it's a long shot to ask such a question on this site but I honestly don't know where else to ask.
Please help, whoever knows, I've been wanting to play the multiplayer the first time I saw it on beta in august last year.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like there is a problem with the game connecting to server. Try to check if your firewall allows it through.

Best answers
It looks like there is a problem with the game connecting to server. Try to check if your firewall allows it through.
It wasn't in the firewall at all.So then I manually added it by going into the online folder of the game and added the launcher for online in the firewall allowance,but still the same error.Any other suggestions?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Give more information. Can you play Singleplayer fine? Have you tried verifying cache?

Best answers
Give more information. Can you play Singleplayer fine? Have you tried verifying cache?
Yes, single player runs flawless,never had any problems whatsoever.What do you mean by verifying cache?What is cache?Sorry for being so unaware...

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you playing on Steam?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What he meant was did you use STEAM to buy the game?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then, there is your problem. As far as I know Origins requires steam to run. So most likely your store just gave you a cracked copy of the game, which basically means you can't play multiplayer unless you buy the legit version, either directly through steam or from a different retail outlet.

Essentially, you can't play multiplayer unless its activated through steam.

Best answers
Well then, there is your problem. As far as I know Origins requires steam to run. So most likely your store just gave you a cracked copy of the game, which basically means you can't play multiplayer unless you buy the legit version, either directly through steam or from a different retail outlet.

You've got to be kidding me....It was expensive as hell, and I very much doubt that they will take it back.So basically what you re saying that I need the legit version from another place.One question. If I find a legit version from somewhere else do I still need Steam to play MP?Or my only problem was the cracked version?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Arkham Origins is a steamworks game. That means it needs Steam as a platform just to function, like Skyrim. Without steam, you can't play online or use any of the online features like the leaderboards and stuff.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Im guessing its the crack that you installed over a legit version.

If a game requires STEAM to function, you can add it to STEAM by using the activate product feature of STEAM. STEAM will ask you for a CD-key and when you enter it the game is bound to your account.

Best answers
Thank you all for the info, but now I have a problem with steam..It keeps telling me that I am not connected to the internet when I try to go online...It' probably the internet connection that I have at the dorm that won't allow it, because back home it worked fine.Just my luck.If I fix this problem and am able to play BAO online eventually I'll let you know,maybe some of you will want to play...but until then I have to deal with steam

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Wait a retail game...does not function online because it is a retail game ? What sorcery is this ? Is there at least a steam code provided ?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait a retail game...does not function online because it is a retail game ? What sorcery is this ? Is there at least a steam code provided ?
The CD-key is the steam code >.>

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The CD-key is the steam code >.>
Is it eh ? So basically buying retail grants you two copies ? An online and an Offline version ?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright so here is how it works. Certain games are allowed by steam to be added through their service, which basically allows you to play them both with and without steam. This isn't for all games available through them though, the list can be seen here.

On the other hand, there are "Steamworks" games which absolutely require themselves to be activated through steam to even function. Anyone who has played Skyrim would know how this works. Arkham Origins is a Steamworks game. The moment you enter the retail DVD, its going to ask you to start steam and activate it. There won't be a way around it.

This is a complete list of games which requires steam authentication.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh I see! Thanks! I have been only getting games on steam lately...so I'm out of touch with the physical world lol, works kind of like an online pass for consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom