Batch compiler

Best answers
How do I set up the batch compiler the right way?
And pls don't post that link to esf-worlds tutorial, because I have followed that a million times and it still doesn't work.

With that set up there is in that tutorial it comes with an error that it couldn't find "esf_arena.bsp" and "esf_arena.p0".
It doesn't compile a thing and it doesn't write a log file.

Pls help me.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to place the .bsp file in the maps folder within your ESF directory. If you already did that then there was probably an error in the map that prevented the map from being fully compiled.

Best answers
It sais that the esf_arena.bsp didn't exist in the folder where I have saved the .map file.

Like this:
Documents\Maps\esf_arena\esf_arena.map
In that folder it sais that there doesn't exist a file named "esf_arena.bsp". And it has right, because it is the compilers job to create the .bsp file.

It never gets done compileing.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then there must be an error in the map that preventing the compiler from finishing.

Copy and paste the first section of the .log file and I'll take a look at it.

Also when you compile a map, the .bsp is created in the same folder the .map is, so when it's done compiling you should move the .bsp to the ESF map folder.

Edit

Scratch the last two sentences.

Are you using Zoner's Half Life tools for the compile?

Best answers
It is just that I can compile in Hammer but not in Batch, and that is all my maps I have tried.

Best answers
Yes it works fine when I have compiled in Valve Hammer but when I compile in Batch it comes with those errors.

EDIT:

HERE is a pic of what it sais.

Best answers
Yes. I have tried the Custombuild 1.7 and the ones there follow the ZHLT GUI X compiler which either can get to work.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... I could see if your map compiles through the Batch Compiler on my computer, but it's understandable if that's not an option you would consider.

I'll check on Google and Yahoo and see if I can find any answers since I pretty much don't have any at the moment.

Best answers
Yeah it would be great if you would try and compile it with yours compiler. I have PM you with the link.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theoboy said:
Yeah it would be great if you would try and compile it with yours compiler. I have PM you with the link.
How many wad files are you using? You should only have 8 wads in VALVe Hammer under the texture's tab, and when using the batch compiler, you should only have the .wads that this map is using.

Also you're not supposed to use tempdecal.wad.

Best answers
Thanks kongkong, but which version is that?

MC, maybe that is the problem. Just a sec. - Nope it wasn't that.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this is a problem... I can't figure this out... can you post screenshots of the Batch Compiler like imkongkong did?

Best answers
I have set up the compiler just like imkongkong and when I want to compile it runs it through in one second, it proberly have something to do with that it isn't a big map, but when it is done compileing there doesn't come any .bsp file.
Do I have to set the Copy .BSP After Compile on?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, that option is just there for lazy people who don't want to right click on the .bsp file and click on cut or copy.

The size of the map has nothing to do with it.

Best answers
Okay then, but where does the .bsp file come out when it has compiled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom