★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alright this wont make youa great skinmapper, and due to your ability to understand what i say it may not teach you at all, but here goes, i start this assuming you have a model made and are in milkshape looking at it,

also i may skip a few steps, but if your good nuff to model you should be able to fill the gaps yourself, if you have any questions, ask me in this thread, i or shijing will help you, (cuz it has come to my attention some of you think im an *******, so theres an alterntive)

good so far?, now you should only have the torso left visible, (its easier if you hide everything besides what your working on)

now save that bmp and reopen it within milkshape you should see your models skinmap WIP on the model in the texture view, nifty huh?

now, back in the side view...

now pen the new bmp up in milkshape to refresh it on the model, you should see it fully mapped

----------------------------------------------------------------------

now, this was a quiclky done skinmap, job i couldve done better but for the sake of a tut it works just fine, you can use the same method to skin the rest of the body

if you have any questions or if you want to help give more insight to the process post it here,

Best answers
thx nuttzy ! i needed one of these to help me with my skins^_^(yay now i can start my own skin maps hehe)
thx again

Best answers
Yeah thanx Nuttzy you did what i needed to know and ye one question you maped arms and legs i cant figure out how you did that?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
same way, select the front faces, then map those with a front view, then select the back faces and map those with a back view and try to connect the side vertexes so that the seam will be on the side facing the body,

Best answers
Ok now i got it , i v been looking for a tut like this , now if onli some one can make skin tut , only not like smo i cant understand anything there

Best answers
well thx nuttzy! i have done my first skin map ^_^
take a look!

its funny really its really the most easyest thing to do BUT u dont relize it untill u find out how to do it lol
thx again buddy!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its just as easy to do the rest, the only rel trick is makng the seams be on the inside, sometimes you dont realize youve messed up until its too late

Best answers
Gj nutzy I guess people have been waitong for something like this :yes:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, i dunno what told me that, keeping my inbox full was the only way to stop people buggin me for help, heh,

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this should be sticked by then but i know how to skinmap but im just too lazy

offtopic i search a g-max tutorial pm me if you find one

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so i didnt miss any huge details?, coo, i was suspecting that i probabaly forgot a few things,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah thx nuttzy now i can try edit your model (cause on the skinmap i didn´t recognizes whats the body and whats the arms so....)

Anyway Great THANKS to you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks to nuttzy, most people should be capable to skinmap if they try, ssj nathan had been bugging me for a skinmap tutorial for a while, so this saves me time :p

on another POV, i'll answer any question too :p

ah, sonic boyster should add this to the tutorial thread, mighty handy, or actually stickyfy it as a Q&A thread on skinmappin ^_^

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Copied existing thread to avoid original thread deletion, deleted secondary posts from duplicate thread, split 1st tutorial post by nutzy to another thread, merged the 1 post tutorial thread into the Tutorials sticky. *phew* - That was quite a task, Vbulletin 3.0 rocks!

Anyway, excellent job Nuttzy, a copy of your first post is now in the tutorial sticky, you can edit your post in there to suit the nature of that thread. ;)

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=25779

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyways the model i used for that tutorial i scrapped, however i did skin the torso and remapped the arms, for an example you can look at it in full 3d here, http://www.angelfire.com/pro/bbadapter/zipperdoo.zip

uc an use this model for anything you want, no credits required, there are 2 reasons for me releasing it under these conditions,

1. its to show you a small example of how you could map the arms, there are other ways, but this is an example of how it could be used, it is an example rather than base model to edit (but if you want to go ahead)
2. i couldnt care less about modelling right now, im fresh out of ideas maybe this will help someone out

Best answers
errr... when u tell us to press "print screen," what function in milkshape are you talking about? And if ur using an external program, what is it?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this thread is in the sticky as well, thus this thread has served its purpose, and will be closed cuz it was dead,

nut ill help you out, ]

now you see on your keyboard where it says print screen?, press that,..thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom