Basic Melee|Knee-Punch/Stun Mode

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I have to disagree, especially because of 1.3's swooping system which makes swooping/dashing the dominate forms of travel and gives teleporting a more consticted feel..

Anywho I want to see some variety in esf 1.3,.. something that can change the ram fly ram fly ram fly feel..

into something more diverse... like

attack, if i hit what move will my player do??.. then react based on what you did.. this would require more skill in finishing a combo...thus people would live longer, and the situation of not knowing what can happen next always makes esf Fun. It's wouldn't just be "randomness" but it would be "Diversity" that can be explored with skill.

For example.. through this method I'm suggesting for the diverse Basic melee attacks.. they could 4 or more types of basic melee attacks based on the current distance of a single swoop. Then ontop of that they could add even more attacks based on the distance of a dash..

Each attack could do different damage, and have different effects.. and we could now REMOVE the 2 basic melee hit limit and it would be fair and balanced.

For example..

one basic melee hit could cause my player to suddenly kick my enemy Directly to my right.. To continue the combo i'de have to react and fly to my right to follow up with another hit that could be ANY move..

So lets continue..

so I manage to react fast enough to hit him again this time I use dash.. but this time the move i did was a Knee to gut attack.. and my opponent isn't knocked back but this time is knocked up in a drifting manner... And is now given time to evade my next attack..

but lets say i react faster then him.. and i teleport and hit him in the back....

BAM a regular old basic melee attack ( Teleports could have different basic melee attacks too based on the amount of Stamina a player has when they tele hit )..

To my suprise im lined up for another attack, but im already running low on ki.. but i continue anyway..

i follow up with a second basic melee hit and to my suprise it knocks him Straight down at a critical speed.. so fast that he didn't recover before hitting the ground..

YES~~~ now i powerup and perform my onslaught of BEAM attacks to finish my suprisingly Unique/ Unexpected/ In the moment, combo that i manage to pull off.

now THATS DBZ Gameplay for you.. The fun that could be had with a variety of basic melee attacks could extend combos to as long as your Ki allows you to continue attacking..

yet to make those awsome combos.. you'll have to be prepared for the unexpected ..

this would make the, what noobs call, "Basic melee spam" NON-existant and would have players see basic melee and an actual fighting style.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to disagree, especially because of 1.3's swooping system which makes swooping/dashing the dominate forms of travel and gives teleporting a more consticted feel..
now...
Zeo's statement
Dash and swoop don't need to be two completely different things.
Ready's reply
I won't go into any details right now but believe me when I say there is no need to worry about that anymore.
btw, the 2 hit limit is already planned on being removed. in any case, your still trying to over-complicate things. "basic" melee isnt gonna have 4 ways of doing something.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I won't go into any details right now but believe me when I say there is no need to worry about that anymore.
Please tell me you didn't took them off.

I think thats bad, simply because its not DBZish, and I still think the idea of speed = more power should be implanted to the game. Basic melee with dash would be weaker than with Swoop. Simply. You guys could use the Dash and Swoop alot better and alot smarter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom