Basic Melee|Knee-Punch/Stun Mode

Best answers
...i think my idea may be useless and adding it just would be more unnecessary work,but i gonna post it anyway xD

this is for basic melee

when u press for melee...first will be on ''melee mode''...press again and will be on ''stun mode'' and vice versa...
Melee mode= same as now
Stun mode=(can only be done while swooping(the new long swoop)=well...you swoop against the enemy and when u get him ur char will hit him whit knee or a punch that will stun him for...2 seconds...[the animation is like those hits that take out their breath,like slow motion or something...like this video at 00:55
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6CZpdSVSOM&feature=related"]YouTube - DBZ mystic gohan vs. buu[/ame] ]...after this hit if the atacker just hold the button after these 2 seconds a second hit will send the enemy to the ground....to scape from the second atack...the player just need press the teleport button before these 2 seconds ends...
about the dmg...i dont know...u guys choose x.x

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Instead of a new mode maybe it can be replaced with the basic melee
or something like that

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
haha well... ummm
sounds good.
But as I said in previous threads... let the team lay out their plans for
a melee system... from there new things can be implement once the system
has been applied and is finally somewhat functional.

ya dig?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I've suggested adding a stun hit to the game before.

But i think your method is good, simple + effective..

To have the basic melee for Esf 1.3's swoop be replaced with a stun hit would be a good idea in my opinion, especially since you may follow up with a 2nd hit if they dont teleport within 2 seconds after the hit.

If this idea is added in, i suggest making it so that the 2nd hit is "unrecoverable", and knocks a player down in a 45 Degree angle. By unrecoverable I mean when the player hits the ground he cant catch himself, although if he hits a wall and bounces off.. then he can recover or if he splashes into water.. then he may recover. As for the knock back distance for the 2nd hit, I think it should always cause you to hit the ground even if your on the cieling when you do it.

This kinda attack could add a new strategy, and if performed correctly.. you may catch someone who doesn't have enough ki/stamina to teleport, and after may follow up with a fury of beams or 1 beam strong beam, like a kameha, depending on how high from the ground/water/wall you were when you hit your target.

Good Idea in my opinion.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
a stunning options is a bad idea. We want to increase the speed of the game, not slowing it down.
The only way to get stunned is if you use up a lot of stamina and it should stay that way.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a stunning options is a bad idea. We want to increase the speed of the game, not slowing it down.
The only way to get stunned is if you use up a lot of stamina and it should stay that way.
Word.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

With alittle more thought.. it would slow down the game.. if swoop turned out to be used frequently..because it would be the only move available.

Hrmm after alittle thought i came up with a new idea that can speed up gameplay and add both moves.

Maybe there should be a way to "Transition" from Swoop to a dash.

This can keep gameplay more fluid..

Also, maybe the stun hit can only apply for the first "1/4" of a swoop. Meaning, if a player starts swooping.. during the first "1/4" of the swoop if they hit a player they would perform the stun hit. If they hit a player during the 2/4, 3/4 or 4/4 .. of the swoop it would simply be just a regular basic melee.

---

On another note, that idea just gave me another idea...

Why not have different moves for "Swoop" based on the Distance Segments of a full swoop.

1/4 ( unique right click attack feature: Stun Hit )

2/4 ( unique right click attack feature: Uppercut - knocking a player out of flight.. with no knockback.. this is just an example )

3/4 ( unique right click attack feature: Regular basic melee hit - 1 basic melee hits possible )

4/4 ( unique right click attack feature: Regular basic melee hit - 2 basic melee hits possible )

Best answers
3/4 ( unique right click attack feature: Regular basic melee hit - 1 basic melee hits possible )

4/4 ( unique right click attack feature: Regular basic melee hit - 2 basic melee hits possible )
i dont think those ones are nescessary but i liked the other ones =)

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On another note, that idea just gave me another idea...

Why not have different moves for "Swoop" based on the Distance Segments of a full swoop.

1/4 ( unique right click attack feature: Stun Hit )

2/4 ( unique right click attack feature: Uppercut - knocking a player out of flight.. with no knockback.. this is just an example )

Hey very good idea yeaah!! I think it would take millions of code line, and it means making the game slower, but i am not a coder, and the idea is f*****g great.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Several problems with Jinx's system. You'd really be eyeballing it, meaning you'd have to guess what stage you're swoop is currently at. Because you're mostly guessing, you have less control over what you're doing, leaving a lot of room to mess up. Less control isn't something we should be striving for.

I think there should be a way to transition from swoop to dash without having to stop. This could be accomplished...by having one swoop. Want to dash? Hold down a single easy to reach button and perform a regular swoop. Bam. You're dashing. Want to swoop without having to stop? Let go of that easy to reach button. Want to dash again? Hold that button again, while maintaining your swoop. Obviously, if you let go of the direction your traveling towards, it ends the entire thing.

But you'd be able to travel indefinitely!

Yes, yes you would. The length of your swoop/dash would be solely dependent on your ki. As it should be.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But dash and swoop are to complitely diferent thigs - imagine that, you press turbo and rise yours PL, when you change to dash the PL goes back to normal, and when you get back to swoop?? naaah they shouldn't be conected that way. To make swoop travel "more speed" they have to make more efort that making simple dash "less speed".

But I agree with the lack of control in jinx's system....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dash and swoop don't need to be two completely different things. If you have what is essentially one swoop with two different modes, and make the "pl boost" something separate, as it was in EEA, it works out just fine.

Best answers
well adding some moves that you used to constantly see in DBZ should work for ESF...i dont think that some stun move would make the game slower,and if ESF become some ''too fast game'' might not be good for newbies...

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Dash and swoop don't need to be two completely different things.
I won't go into any details right now but believe me when I say there is no need to worry about that anymore.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm just going to defend my system abit here to possibly convince people that it doesn't slow down the game at all really..

I've been playing esf 1.3 beta with trex an bots ect..

and the speed of the swoop can make it rlly difficult to hit "early" on when swooping.

The moves i sggest were just examples...

I believe the team could different and aggressive/fast "special attack combos" in each segment of the "swoop" possibly changing basic melee into a defensive move.

------------------------------------------------------------

If that wasn't convincing still here is another idea I thought of while suggesting that idea.

This idea adds a new feature to esf called a "Grip/Grab" which ever you prefer.

It works like this.

During a "Swoop"(fastest swooping method) a player has the option to perform Grip by pressing the teleport button while holding the forward direction. This causes the Player who's already in flight to do a "very short" speed boost in the direction of the mouse. If a player hits with this move, the enemy isnt knocked back but is held in place by the Player.

During this very short boost a "Launching Grab animation" is done, and instantly finishes if the Player hits an enemy.

So after hitting the enemy, Player1 is now holding the enemy in the air with one hand while automaticly winding up a strong hit with the other hand. Within 2.5 seconds Player1 may aim His/Her crosshair in any direction before he automaticly power punches the enemy in that direction with a greater knock back distance.

The benefits of this move:
1) To recover after taking a hit from this move, requires a more ki.. so it drains the enemy of ki more ki if they try to recover from it.

2) You can aim this move anywhere u want, but you can't turn past 90 degrees to the right or left.

Balancing factor:

If you use this move and miss, your player finishes out the animation and grabs nothing but air, during the 3 second delay after missing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jinx, and this brings up alot of fond memories but, thats over-complicating the game. again. teleport should only have one option too it, and that is too use teleport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom