Barack Obama Is the Democratic Nominee

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The past few weeks have felt like a countdown to the inevitable, but CNN is projecting that Obama now has enough delegates to clinch the nomination.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, now we wait to see if Obama/Clinton is the ticket.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, now we wait to see if Obama/Clinton is the ticket.
If that happens, I'm writing Ron Pauls name onto the ticket. You don't preach about change and then bring someone like Clinton aboard, especially not after all the **** she's pulled. She doesn't deserve to be anywhere near his administration. I'll all for Biden, Webb or Dodd, though.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If that happens, I'm writing Ron Pauls name onto the ticket. You don't preach about change and then bring someone like Clinton aboard, especially not after all the **** she's pulled. She doesn't deserve to be anywhere near his administration. I'll all for Biden, Webb or Dodd, though.
Silly. Vice Presidents are nothing more than figureheads; and bringing Clinton into his campaign keeps all those hordes of Clinton-worshippers into his fold, rather than possibly abstaining or voting for McCain. I'd like Webb, though. He's my senator.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Silly. Vice Presidents are nothing more than figureheads; and bringing Clinton into his campaign keeps all those hordes of Clinton-worshippers into his fold, rather than possibly abstaining or voting for McCain. I'd like Webb, though. He's my senator.
She's going to kill him.

Then she's going to bring him back.

Then she's going to kill him again, and take his place as President.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no way at this point in the game Hillary is going to be VP. She's made the entire party look awful, and selecting her as VP would lose him nearly as many Obama votes to McCain as leaving her out of the process would. He might do well to select a woman to keep that demographic clinging on but Hillary would not be the wisest choice, or a person I imagine at this point that he'd want to be in office with.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He should select someone who white males like.

I love Obama at this point, but if he picks Hil as VP, i'm not voting for him.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First black (presumptive) democratic nominee :D!!!

I was really worried the thing would go on to August, but I am glad this is over. I've lost so much respect for Hilary, and the Clintons in general, after seeing the way they carried out this campaign.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You say Vice Presidents are nothing more than figureheads, I say look at Cheney and Bush.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The past few weeks have felt like a countdown to the inevitable, but CNN is projecting that Obama now has enough delegates to clinch the nomination.
More like months.

I agree with Zeo, she's definitely try an assassination attempt, then probably run the country though his dead zombie body with her witchery. Obama for BRAINS!!!

I think Edwards would be a good VP choice, but then again the VPs don't really do anything.

Best answers
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ron Paul sought of (or silently) give up or drop out?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/07/AR2008030703061.html

Rep. Ron Paul has ended his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, breaking the news in a seven-minute video posted on his campaign Web site Thursday. The Texan, who ran on a libertarian platform and saw an outpouring of financial support via the Internet, tried to soothe anxious supporters by letting them know that his "campaign for freedom will continue in this new phase." While his campaign will not formally organize events, he encouraged supporters to continue to work on behalf of a broader movement.

"I don't mind playing a key role in this revolution, but it has to be more than a Ron Paul revolution," he said. "Our job now is to plan for the next phase."

Paul campaign spokesman Jesse Benton confirmed that the video means the candidate recognizes he will not be the nominee.

"Winding down" is how Benton described the next phase of the campaign. "Dr. Paul acknowledges that he will not be the nominee but will continue to travel to address supporters and encourage grass-roots activism to influence the process and return the Republican Party to its traditions of limited government and personal freedom," Benton said.

So, what's this next phase going to look like? A book tour, of course. Paul tells supporters in his video that the message of liberty that suffused his bid for president will soon be available for study at home. "A more detailed outline of this message has now been put into book form, titled 'The Revolution: A Manifesto,' and can be pre-ordered on Amazon.com," he said.

Paul also noted that he will continue to raise money -- something he did better than just about any other Republican during the past year -- for his political action committee and his educational nonprofit, the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education (FREE).

His final words to supporters: "Let us all stick together in this great cause of liberty and show the love that we all share for our country and the Constitution. Thank you for joining in."
I was actually wondering what had happened to him myself when I was googling and reading a few articles last night. It's ashame really, he would of made a good candidate. I suppose limited media attention or voters were under the impression he was a "All talk and no action" sough of person and would do anything to be elected, but standing out from other republican candidates and a mountain of proof to prove the exact opposite if anyone was doubting him with these sought of thoughts were most certainly there.

All we can hope now is that John McCain gets his 71 year old man balls served to him come decision time!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ron Paul did quit campaigning, but he intends to show up at the Republican Convention with his delegation to start some trouble.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ron Paul did quit campaigning, but he intends to show up at the Republican Convention with his delegation to start some trouble.
Sometimes I wonder if this is really the government or just an off shoot of Smackdown..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My brother tells me that nearly 90% percent of Europe wants Obama to become the next US President.

Probably very inaccurate, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was actually true.
I hope the crazies dont find out. They might feel like voting for Obama means bending over for Europe (if they don't already).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom