Banning Scripters?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
This is just a simple poll, of the scripters should be banned or not. lately, i'm just getting tired of scripters. Its like they can't play without scripting. Hence i made this poll. In my opinion, scripting is cheating. Depending of course how you use them, in this case. In Earth Special Forces for swooping, like they can't normally swoop like everyone else. Remember, this is a friendly poll / vote. Please do not flame , spam, or anything that will break the rules of the forums.

Best answers
I voted for option 3. Since 90% of ESF community scripts >_> Some of best players do. Me and you are rare examples of people which don't script.

Best answers
Jesus who cares, wether they script or not, you still have to play it if you're in it...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
90% of the esf community doesn't script because 90% of the esf community doesn't know how.

I vote for option 1. If you can't play the game without cheating, don't play the game.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I don't script either. And sorry, i don't call the "best" players that scripts actually the best. I'm just getting tired of all the scripters as i said above.

Best answers
What happens when somone uses scripts??

what can they do??

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said in the server, ban 'em.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
They can bind buttons to do things with 1 button.. Like swooping with only 1 button instead of double pressing it. Or another example, pressing the 3 button to change to the gen beam and automatic puts turbo on to do fast damange. That kind of lame stuff.

nge

Best answers
Scripting is abuseable in ESF, unlike most other mods.

However, the only script you listed that's feasible in every situation is the swoop script. The other one is pretty worthless. Going into turbo mode when one wants seems fair to me- if someone wants to disable the ability to fire non-turboed, more power to them.

You can't really tell when one scripts, aside their admitting it. I admit I script in other mods that have sufficent protection from abuseive scripts; I will not script in ESF.

I don't mean this as any offence, but banning people you suspect of scripting is rather lame. Scripts =! hacks, which are MUCH worse. Secondly, I don't mean this as an offence either, but unless you're experianced in the fields of scripting, odds are against you being accurate with your acusations. You have to realize what they can and cannot do.

Some people honestly have fast fingers. I myself look as if I use a recharge/turbo script (not unfair at ALL in my mind), but I have my mouse4 and 5 buttons bound to recharge and turbo.

I'd like to clear up some misconceptions about scripts. Firstly, they are written, not downloaded. They're an intentional feature of the halflife engine.

Secondly, they do not allow one to do anything the game itself will not allow one to do. If it is possible within the game's controls, it's possible via scripts (though not always more efficent- scripts that involve turning are often too structured and therefore worthless in the amount of control they take away.)

Also, a very low amount of the ESF community scripts. I'm guessing of the skilled players, perhaps 1/5 at the most. Of the entire community, maybe 1/50.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ha, this thread made me want to make my own scripts now, expecially for esforces. D:

nge

Best answers
I just realized your poll is very biased. I'd vote no, but I'm not going to "incriminate" myself in your mind. I'd rather not vote for such a one sided argument.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
However, the only script you listed that's feasible in every situation is the swoop script. The other one is pretty worthless. Going into turbo mode when one wants seems fair to me- if someone wants to disable the ability to fire non-turboed, more power to them.
I won't call it "worthless". Allot of people use the swoop script which makes it basicly unfair to the others who are not using it. Why can't the people simple swoop on their own without using scripts? to lazy? Otherwise they can't win without it? I'm just getting tired of this, so hence my thread.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never fought an scripter i think.

But i sure aswell dont like them ^^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Before any of you even dare to debate on this in lots of words of "scripting". Forget about it. Many people agree with me that scripting such as the swoop script, gen turbo script, etc is unfair. And i don't mean scripts such as that says words quickly. I even get allot of positives on MSN:

Rolf Andre ;D says:
all scripters gets banned?
Rolf Andre ;D says:
is that true?
FF|Skyrider says:
yup..
Rolf Andre ;D says:
YAYYYYYY
Rolf Andre ;D says:
go away ****n fake "pro's"

Best answers
i once again state NO!

read the rest of the topics about scripting for my reasons.

FF|Skyrider said:
Remember, this is a friendly poll / vote. Please do not flame , spam, or anything that will break the rules of the forums.
what's so friendly about this poll? u plan to ban every1 that uses some sort of script on every server u can get ur hands on.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I am not going to read all those topics because I don't feel like it. As said, all those people who uses the swoop script are using unfair advantage. Hence i am going to take action on this one. And allot of people agree with me. Its like you are saying you want people to script, and to have unfair advantage to other people who don't script.

Best answers
U just don't want to read. That's ur choice. And if u don't want to read, plz don't say that u know what i want to say.

Best answers
I would have to push myself to vote for the option not to ban scripters. Scripts are, and always will part of the HL engine, for better or for worse. Banning people because they know a bit of coding, and it gives them an advantage (however so slight), seems rather harsh. I think you might be jumpin' the gun a bit here, actually. How are you to tell who scripts and who doesn't? Heck, like nge said, some people have fast fingers.. and reaction times.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sephize, I know exactly what you want to say. And perhaps I can't determine who ever uses scripts at the moment, and who's not. But with a few add-ons / plugins you can determine that quite easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom