backmasking, true ?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well i foud this last night listend to some backmasked songs(backmasking means hideing subliminal mesages in songs ,and u can only hear them when played backwards) and theyre kida creepy ,maybe some of u know abbot this but i'd like to hear more opinions , 2 examples from the loads out there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UVDlg4x468
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgtxpRNT-r0 , "stair way to heaven" is just plain sick

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I took some advice from Zeo and listened to the recording without watching the video, if you can legitimately hear something, then you can say it's happening.

I for one didn't hear any secret message so I'm gonna say it's not true.

I implore anyone before you watch the videos, just listen first, then make your judgements based on that.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
u need to listen more than once to make sense of the words,
and for the mesage, i think it dosnt mean anything, but just a love song turns into a satan prazeing tribute , and that realy bothers me ,
oh and i forgot to say, the mesage could be put delibretly or without knowing(what the artist felt like when he singed the song)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I'm saying if not for reading the words on the video you'd never make any sense of any of the words, unless you're paranoid. Even with the video the words sound so distorted that it's pretty unlikely to be a secret subliminal message.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Rocky says is true. You only hear it because you read it: Power of suggestion. Try taking any random Eminem song, or Britney Spears for that matter. Use a program to run it backwards, and I will bet you, you will hear nothing but weird music. Now, if you would put some text under it, like people in the youtube movies do, and you will start hearing those words. And the more you listen to it, the clearer you hear them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After six minutes of bull**** in the first video I stopped. This is a load of crap. I didn't watch the video though, because then the writing could "suggest" something for my brain.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm not sure how to put it you might not hear it and these songs might be the power of sugesstion but artists do infact do this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backmasking

Go through this is basically says artists have been using this to censor their songs in a sense. I don't belive the messages are subliminal and an control a person if they listen to it infact i don't think listening to it you can even decipher it but apparently it's there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh I don't doubt that they do it, I just doubt that they do it as much as it's assumed.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think it was a big hype in the late 80s and early 90s but it's cooled down since then because it doesn't make sense to do it anymore? It was nothing more then a gimmic put out by bands and record labels so people would by their albums just to hear the "secret" messages nowdays it's pointless so no artist bothers with it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well atleas someone has the same opinion as me , and "stair way to heaven" from what i remember was disputed numerous times on talk shows, cant remember the result dough , it was a long time ago , anyway AGAIN i listend to the song closely without viewing the clip and writen in a text document what i heard , i got abbout 70% corect ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've already read the text, so your mind can still make sense of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why it matters.

The purpose of this is usually "Hey, let's put reversed messages in our songs to confuse our listeners."

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For songs like Stairway and such, it's completely unintentional. There's a few songs out there where they do it on purpose, by actually reversing sung lyrics and I think it's a cool effect especially since it's never overused.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Heh, even if Zeppelin DID backmask this on purpose to sound like a Satan worshipping subliminal message, they'd just be kidding around. I mean, Led Zeppelin, Satan worshippers? I highly doubt it.

And final-shine, if you wanted songs about Satan, why didn't you say so? There's plenty lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yntdJ1kDI4

Check that one out. Not only is it about the devil, it's also awesome.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Absolute bull****. People are just too suggestible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom