Background textures

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay, I know this might be a dumb question, but where or how do I make background textures for a map, I'm making my first map, but I don't know how to make a background texture, all I know is that .WAD files are them, well atleast I think so...

EDIT;
Don't worry, forget about that, but now I have a new problem:

Any help on how to solve this problem would be appreciated, oh and btw, my acrobat file( I don't know why it's there), I think it'a the actual map and stuff, well it's 50kb, is that a normal size?

Best answers
Try sending a Private Message to a map maker on this forum. Try showing them the problem. That's all I can do to try and help you out, cause I really don't know what to do.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Sky thing is easy.

All you need is hl.wad that comes with halflife.

Its also in the ZHLT.wad you get when you download the ZHLT compiling tools.

Or you can just make it yourself. You pick a color and you use wally to make a texture. You name the texture sky and thats it.

As for getting the immage on that texture you go to map>map properties..

and youll see a enviroment mapin there you have to type the path to the skybox immahe.

You have default skyboxes in esf/gfx/env

Just pick a name and remove the last 2 letters of the name (up, dn, lt, rt, fw, bk) or something like that.

So in that windiow goes
original file: esf/gfx/env/namert.tga
window:gfx/env/name

there are groups of 6 TGA files each file goes on 1 wall. like rt and lt go on left and right, up and dn go up and down and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom