Back to skinning! Ideas wanted.

Best answers
Back to skinning! Ideas wanted. (Battle damaged Goku)

Hey guys!
It's been a while since I did anything, so I wanted to get back into the "anime" texturing ;p.
I checked alot of model packs , and it seems there are very few battle damaged packs, so I decided to make one. This is Kreshis Goku , it's my first Battle damaged model , (well for now it's just the basic skin done, but I will keep adding bruises etc).

Now, I would love ideas. How to make him battle damaged? Should I wrap his face with extra features such as bruises, blood etc, or bandages , cuts , scars? Like, still fresh or already old? Large cuts or small bruises?
Any ideas and feedback would be awesome!

EDIT: btw, as for the Croch area, I already know it's way too dark, will fix that in next update :).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to make it look like a good BD model, your gonna have to model on some of it, like tears in the gi and stuff.

just make sure it doesnt look symmetrical.

id go for some grazing on one side of his forhead, maybe a black eye, some blood from his mouth. some tears in his shirt, and wristbands. and on one of his knee's

Best answers
Define the folds on the shirt a bit more and add some more highlights to the shirt like you did with the legs.

As for the battledamage, you should add a fresh cut in his right or left cheak, and a drop of blood running down (not all the way to chin though , just a bit xD)

Best answers
I'm thinking since I don't really know how to model that well , just to skin on the ripps on the shirt and the pants. I know it might look a bit bad, but it is possible ;p.

As for the folds on the orange shirt, yeah I'll do that next time i work on it, thanks!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ned? oh wait, godhand (jab jab)
[do not flame me for this quote because I am joking, godhand, you're free to flame me because your skin roxorz!]

moving on, i take it that you haven't added the shading details into the facial? everything else is looking good, and i'm really liking the muscles. you should have him in fresh cuts, both large and small, vary it to the battle effects he was giving when fighting an enemy in the likes of buu or freeza. keep it up man

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like the face at all.. Whats with the wierd line under the mouth? and the face needs some more shadows or something, to plain..

And the eyes look wierd.. maybe because of the lack of pupils

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice boner......

So anyways the face looks wierd, but the rest looks okay.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd add Scars, Battle Damaged clothing.

But I have one bad thing to say :( I think you've lost your touch a little bit. I don't like the face that much.

Best answers
Thanks people!
I didn't really do anything on the face tbh. I drew a fast nose , and eyes. There is no detail there yet ;p.
I'll be updating sometime til friday I think.

As for my touche, When was the last time I skinned anything? ;p

Best answers
ofcourse the face looks wierd, he has no pupils.
i do think the eyebrows are a little to thin though.

making this model look battledamaged can be done easaly without model changes.
ofcourse there's the face damage, some scratches and maybe s little blood in the corner of his mouthg.
and you can make a few holes in the Gi onn his torso., so you can see trough the orange and see the blue shirt that's under it.

i wouldnt make holes/rips in the lower part of his pants becaeuse there to far from the leg, so just add some scratches there.

i think this skin/model will turn out pretty nice.

Best answers
ok seriously, that was justa stupid reply shatterdfaith...
a skin can make this model look battle damaged just fine, but that ofcourse depends on the degree of damage.

Best answers
yes, its a stupid reply because i know nothing about skinning. sorry. -.- *Sarcasm*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
blaize said:
ok seriously, that was justa stupid reply shatterdfaith...
a skin can make this model look battle damaged just fine, but that ofcourse depends on the degree of damage.
Do you have to be so mean about it?

Anyway, I like it so far, from the neck down :p

UPDATE!

Best answers
Hmm, Just a small update. (Nothing on the head except pupils , and removed that black under the mouth which I havent skinned yet ;d).

I'm trying ot make ripps on the actual model, without it being modelled, any luck?

Best answers
myeah it's not looking all that great godhand.

As far as the rips go only the one on his blue t-shirt looks at least a bit real.
But on the gi itself i think it just isn't going to work if no edit is done to the model, like maybe deleting one half of the gi and then skinning on alot of rips on the edge of the remaining half.

Also the eyes look weird, they look asian, i know goku is asian but you know what i mean, right.

Best answers
evil goku,dont spam please :( . Anyway,i really like the skin so far,but the battledamge doesn't turns out that good,sorry.also make the eyebrows go further then his eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom