Back from medical course in Nottingham

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure if many people noticed my absence over the weekend but I've just come back from a course at Nottingham University.

It was pretty good and I learned stuff like keyhole surgery (simulated of course ^^), CPR, anatomy etc. Highlights involved having my vital organs drawn on my body (in a semi-permanent pen), being connected to an ECG machine and having someone rip the electrode off of my leg (she wanted to know how much leg-hair she could remove) and sleeping through my emergency call-out. I had to get up at 4am to get there on the Friday morning. That wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't fallen asleep at midnight.

I've also managed to get myself an interview for a place at Charles University in Prague 2010 entry.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
congrats man! hope you get the place!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like you got to experience a lot. Good luck in that field, I know I could personally never do anything in the medical field, I get weak at the thought of anything medical.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a good experience. It's certainly a lot more than I had when I applied to medical school, so I hope it gives you a good shot in the arm for whatever programs you apply for.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so I hope it gives you a good shot in the arm for whatever programs you apply for.
We did injections too! ^^

Thanks everyone, if I do get in the tuition fees will kill me. €13000 a year for six years is a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
glad you enjoyed it! should of joined me for a pint down the road for lunch though D:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha I could never be a doctor... Because I would have to much fun cutting people open and all...

I just need to stick with Trauma Center.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm happy for you man. I hope you get what you want.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It really is great to see people of our Community grow into a future they stride for. Even if you dont know them irl, they are still friends.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what you're talking about. I hate all of you guys.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this that medlink thing
Indeed.

My head of Sixth Form managed to find a student at Imperial College in London to talk to. He gave me the best sleaze tactics ever. What they offer, I want. Whatever their course offers suits me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom