Babadi's LAir Map

DragonBalls....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
its lookin good, nice list of errors, so i take it this will be a hit map for a while then :p well im gona DL it :p

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Use simplier brushes for the path into the ship. And work on texture blending the terrain.

Best answers
it's a ***** to make complicated shapes, as i well know the errors. half life can't deal with some shapes...weird....it's hard to find you way around it and takes a lot of work but keep it up:)

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah damn to the guys who invented the error :D

i did a map some time agot with a lot of really detailed mountains and stuff but i got sooo many erros i deleted it then :p
but i hope you can fix your prob

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
heh, well i havent worked on it much, but i might upload the outside first for a test map to the public.
(i've had tons of school work, sorry guys)

here is a recent screen
http://files.esfstuff.com/uploads/mysticssjgoku4/babadi/3-19.JPG
this is when vegeta was fighting goku, same screnery but with the drop-thru

heh

Texture matching is ok for now, i should try to work on it more. But it is indefinately improved

Best answers
soo thats going to be a place where the player is going to be teleported?
and are u going to put buu's egg at the bottom?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Try to have patches of grass\bald spots everywhere instead of dividing the map into 3 different texture sections. Like this map.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I've been waiting for a good 'Babidi's Ship' map. It looks good so far. I hope the rest comes out great as well. Keep up the good work!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
thank you all, i've been working on it still, and i might start on the inside of the ship. now and just worry about the texture matching later.

That Cellarena map has good textures though, i like it.
Mabe ill im the guy that made it, and take a few pointers from him.
:)

I'll Continue To Progess On This Map, and It May Take A While

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
mysticssjgoku4 said:
thank you all, i've been working on it still, and i might start on the inside of the ship. now and just worry about the texture matching later.

That Cellarena map has good textures though, i like it.
Mabe ill im the guy that made it, and take a few pointers from him.
:)

I'll Continue To Progess On This Map, and It May Take A While
It was made by Zer0 for 1.2, and yes, ****ing awesome textures.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
well, i've fixed all errors except.....

hlbsp: Error: ReadSurfs (line 26953): 32 > MAXPOINTS
This is caused by a face with too many verticies (typically found on end-caps of high-poly cylinders)

omg, this is very nerve racking, and very agrivating.
ERRORS ARE A MAPPERS WORST FEARS
Especially when there are tons of polys to choose from...
--------------------
Well it was basically the drop=through

....Back to the prefab workshop.........................

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well your hint is "(typically found on end-caps of high-poly cylinders)", it probably means your little entrance has to be simplier.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
man, the lightning sux! its worse! and you said you used a terrain generator for parts of the map which is a big noooo ... get skills instead of using terrain generators
1/10
it might take longer if youre not used to it but its worth learning.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
hey i used it for the mountain in the corner to start it off and built the ship with it but the rest i made from scratch foo.
The rest i made, and added on to it
I ended up having to delete the ship due to that stupid gen the gen was useless to me

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The night-type lighting isn't necessarily bad, but the skybox doesn't go with it at all. You need a skybox to suit the lighting. I wouldn't rely on using terrain generators and prefabs in your maps, either. The mountains also look a little messy and out of place, and you should raise the map's max viewable distance, I can see where the view is clipped.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
i dont use generators........ and i create my own prefabs.....

i hate people like that. i mention one thing and thye accuse me of not doing the work myself
I'VE WORKED MY ASS OFF GETTING THE TERRAIN THE WAY IT IS NOW
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TRYING TRIANGLES IN A PUBLIC MAP, PLEASE DONT BE LIKE THAT.
You make me mad

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok guys, lets not morph this into something it shouldn't. If he says he didn't use a terrain generator, then he didn't use it. If you feel he did use a terrain generator then just don't download the map. If he did use a terrain generator, it's to his own loss, so lets just drop this subject.

And please mysticssjgoku4, by using caps you don't help your situation, when they see caps, they are more willing to say something back at you. So just don't use them unless you're starting a sentence :p.

Well, now the map, I think it's a bit bland, you have that big space in the middle with nothing there. In addition, your terrain is very pointy and comes to alot of flat edges. My suggestion is to let the terrain flow instead of going into a big point when transitioning the terrain. You also need to raise the Max Viewable Distance so that we can see your whole map instead of getting it cut off. Another thing you may want to change is your signature, it's very out of place, just find a way to easter egg it so people have to find it ;). If you change some of this and add the other things DragonDude and DJ-Ready were saying it will vastly improve your map.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
mysticssjgoku4 said:
hey i used it for the mountain in the corner to start it off and built the ship with it but the rest i made from scratch foo.
The rest i made, and added on to it
I ended up having to delete the ship due to that stupid gen the gen was useless to me
Do not call a teammember a foo. Especially not Dj-Ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom