Avril Lavigne Photo Minipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was bored yesterday and i was listening to her song "my happy ending", and i found this picture of her:

And i did some brushwork over it and made this:

C&C?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Her face is too defined and warped... I guess the rest is okay.

5/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know, i didnt like it that much, but i wanted to show it cause i havnt done something like this in a while. Its definetly not my best.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All you did is lay down a texture and change blending modes. And some text.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O

Not at all, i didnt use any textures, i used different levels of color and saturation, some brushwork and then the text and then some addittional brushwork.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not a manip, but I guess it looks alright, adding a grunge layer to a pic and claiming it as a manip is getting annoying, I see it a lot lately. I hate how it's in vertical strokes though

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The more I look at it, the more it looks like you gave her a beard xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then what do you consider it? If you edit it in any way, its minipulating the picture, so why shouldnt it be called a minip?

@ Hwoarang: xD, no that thing on her face is kinda like a scab.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Manip is... well manipulating the picture, adding a grunge layer is not manipulating it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then, explain to me what is a minipulation, because im under the impression that changin the picture in the way i want is minipulating it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'cause you didn't change the picture in any way, you just added a texture

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.....Does it look like the original? Is it the original? No, which means i changed it, i didnt add a texture, it was brushwork, i didnt even like this but i wanted to see if anyone else would, i didnt want an hour long lecture on what a minipulation is when i know damn well what it is. This "minip" is very newbish and it took me about 10 mins, i jsut wanted to see if anyone thought the style was cool. Geez, people like you always want something to ***** about.

@A MOD: Just close this, its usless when i have an ignorant punk coming in here and giving me a lecture like hes an expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom