Avatar Trouble!!! Danger Will Robinson!!! Danger!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm having a horrible paradox when it comes to avatars on this forum. I've never had this issue with any other forum, just ESForces.

I've found that when uploading an avatar, even if the image is larger than 100X100 pixels and has a file-size of about 50 kilobytes (well above the limit of 10K) the image will upload, but well... here's an example:

Okay, this is the image originally used for my avatar, the one I have now.

Notice this is well above the file-size quota, and larger than 100X100. Somehow the forum accepted this and you can see how the forum dulled the colors horribly in my avatar.

Now, I have tried reducing both file size, and image size and thought I can get to the 100X100 limit, I cannot in any way get reduce a file size to 10K.

Personally, I don't see what's going on. The smaller files I try to use are refused by the forum, and unless image anti-aliasing is a factor, I don't see why one 100X100 image would be any larger or smaller in file size than another. After all, pixel data is always the same size depending on pixel density...isn't it?

Could anyone help me? I know that most everyone her has great vivid avatars, but I have trouble with even the simplest image...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, care to explain your procedure?

Best answers
My guess is that nuttzy simply converted the file to a gif file and used a selective color pallate to maximize the similarity between the original and the final product. He probably used photoshop or something similar, it's like an export feature. It's simple, but takes a little finesse and a little patience to achieve the desired results.
Although my guess is he's had a little practice.
Nice job nuttzy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really? Wow, I need to remember that...I wonder if you can render 3DSMax images as gifs? That'd save some serious file-space...

Alright...here we go!!! Time to take it up to the next level! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Lol, now J-Dude has gone...Super Saiyan...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've noticed that your now a SSJ form isntead of your regular avatar, why did you change it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spur of the moment. I originally had a gif version which animated him transforming into a Super Saiyan, and then digressing back to normal form, but as this forum doesn't allow animated avatars...I couldn't use it.

I was asking this because even though my old avatar was sort of alright with the bad colored original, when I uploaded the SS one, it made my avatar go green instead of yellow and it got super-ugly. So I asked about the avatars here and now I knew how to fix it :)

I thought people must be getting bored of my old avatar, I know I was. If enouh time goes by I'll probably upgrade him to SS2! Lol...the hair was drawn and colored by me btw.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
Spur of the moment. I originally had a gif version which animated him transforming into a Super Saiyan, and then digressing back to normal form, but as this forum doesn't allow animated avatars...I couldn't use it.

I was asking this because even though my old avatar was sort of alright with the bad colored original, when I uploaded the SS one, it made my avatar go green instead of yellow and it got super-ugly. So I asked about the avatars here and now I knew how to fix it :)

I thought people must be getting bored of my old avatar, I know I was. If enouh time goes by I'll probably upgrade him to SS2! Lol...the hair was drawn and colored by me btw.
Ofcourse it alows animated avatars >.>

Check Readys humples ^^

Best answers
It allows animated avatars as long as it doesn't go over 10Kb in size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom