auto kicked

Best answers
after i loaded up esf_bot.dll in metamod, it will not let me connect to my lan server. it seems to be letting everyone else connect thats not on my local lan, but not me.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27005:reconnect
Dropped GiGaBiTe from server
Reason: Kicked
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27005:reconnect
Dropped GiGaBiTe from server
Reason: Kicked

also every now and then it will make me say a message like

☻GiGaBiTe: anyone wants to play cs with me ?

wtf?

Best answers
ok, scratch above. when A bot is in the server, it will not allow clients to connect from anywhere. (internet or lan)

is there a bug with bots not working on dedicated servers or something?

Best answers
Theres an edit button on your post use it instead of double posting. No they should work maybe the server is full and the reason:kicked thing means the server host kicked you out of the server.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a old bot version. the bots are now in the esf code. reinstall ESF

Best answers
ok, heres how i installed esf on my dedicated server (keep in mind its on a different machine sitting behind me)

first of all its the real pure dedicated server (not the one in the steam games menu)

installed hlds fresh and updated the base content
unzipped esf dedicated 1.2 server into the hlds folder
installed the 1.2.1 patch on top of 1.2
installed 1.2.2 patch on top of 1.2.1
finally installed 1.2.3 patch on top of 1.2.2

then im sitting here pulling my hair out trying to figure out a way to disable the bots when one of you say that the bots are now integrated..

WTF!

the bots are causing stupid problems, they should be optional, not manditory.

so anyway, i install metamod, amxmodx 1.01, and entmod. i get everything loaded to find out i get kicked again for no apparent reason. i disable the bots only to find that esf is STILL loading them into memory. now amxmodx isnt working and i get a badf load from entmod.

i swear, the dedicated server version of esf is worse than sven-coop, this is rediculous. in over 6 years of running dedicated servers, i have never seen anything this bad.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bots are automatically turned off. I told you. Reinstall ESF. I do not know how to turn them on in the first pace for a dedicated server.

Did you ever bother to think it was something else kicking you. I have never known a bot to kick. There must be something else you turned on/cvar setting that you used that you shouldnt have. Most likely it boils down to your metamod. Give me information about that.

Thridly, ESF dedicated servers are the easiest ever. So easy, you dont even need that little ded server installation. All that is, is a removal of all the unessary files that isnt needed to run a dedicated server. So I really don't know what you are complaining about.

Lastly, maby something didn't upload corretly. Would be easier if you just copy your installation that you installed for you client to the dedicated server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom