Best answers
before i receive any harsh comments, i only started making sprites yesterday so im still new to this stuff. anywhoi made a new sprite, it kinda has depth, but i used a gradient wave to achieve it. had to make two versions cos the first was out of the sprite area and part of it was cut off :(. anyway here it is

old version

new version

in-game

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/leonardrhino/640dmz2.zip

you like? i should point out though that pcjoe helped me with a transparency issue i was having

also here's one of the last sigs i made
|
|
V

Best answers
coolness!

text is blurry though and white border is too thick

Best answers
i spent alot of time playing with the text and that was as clean as i could get it. and as for the border, it was sposed to be the edge of a computer screen so thats why i made it thick.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it :D:D... What exactly happened to Gohan... :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it looks ok for a start,but....WTF IS WRONG WITH THAT GOHAN AHHHHHHH :)

Best answers
yeah its dmz 1.7. and sometimes the models appear messed up at the start for some reason. i couldnt be arsed fixing it though since it wasnt really important

Best answers
nah th esf one is multiple different sprites, i didnt wanna waste time sorting them out so i decided to do a dmz one.

anways, i have a new problem now. i want to make a new one that is partially see through, like coloured glass, but i dont know how to do it, or even if its possible, i need help!

Best answers
Personally, I think it stands out too much. If I were to use that In-Game that thing'll catch my attention while I'm playing which isn't a good thing. Don't make it so.. Bold. Maybe make it a bit darker to match the tone of the mods maps.

Best answers
yeah i guess you're right. oh well it was only my second attempt anyways, i guess that's something i can improve on

Best answers
made a new hud. i spent alot of time testing out screws, rust, metal textures, wires etc and this was the best looking combination

the bg metal looks a bit patchy, but thats not the hud thats just something to do with dmz, since it looked fine in spriteviewer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The hud on the left.... The cars are hard to see, and the things look like their wavering.... Other than that, I like it :D

Best answers
Much better, A bit flashy and too attractive but it is an improvement. Maybe try darkening the metal and I think it'll be fine. You could try duplicating the layer and Multiply/Darken/etc or for best results, Burn brush

Best answers
i tried darkening it and it didnt look right, i also tried using the burn tool, as well as using completely different metal textures, and this was the best attempt. i think its really purty myself though :laff:

Best answers
muhahahahhahah, burn baby!

made a beam like ze attack of pikkon :D . still a wip cos i wanna
redo it smoother and animate another layer so its a bit more active, and
maybe clean it up (too much stuff to do right now). anyways here it is,
sorry if the screens show the beam as a bit small, but twas the best i
could do

p.s. props to venguard for helping me with some animation stuff, thanx:D

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks pretty cool, you should make us a little video of it. ;)

Best answers
i don't see the difference on ur old version and new version(the ones on ur starting post). ne way i like ur metal one. i think u should darken it also, and make the text on the left side more visable. btw nice pikkon beam:D

Best answers
the top box on the first one has a small thing coming from the side, kinda like a beam holding it in place. but it had to be cut to fit into the scouter space, so i removed it for the second one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom