Aura

Best answers
I think Goku should have Kaioken but the team isn't giving it to him. And to make the aura look like DBZ it would have to be an animated 3d model. Spikes would have to rise up from their feet all the way above their heads like in DBZ and the animation would just repeat. In DBZ the auras aren't 2d if you look closely you see the spikes outlined in front of them too (only sometimes when the artists put in more detail). So if it is just a 3d model that animates properly it would look just like it is supposed to. In other words just animate the model that is already in instead of it standing still and it would be fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
goku will be getting his kaio ken in later betas but not right now

Best answers
Originally posted by Enforcer15
I think Goku should have Kaioken but the team isn't giving it to him. And to make the aura look like DBZ it would have to be an animated 3d model. Spikes would have to rise up from their feet all the way above their heads like in DBZ and the animation would just repeat. In DBZ the auras aren't 2d if you look closely you see the spikes outlined in front of them too (only sometimes when the artists put in more detail). So if it is just a 3d model that animates properly it would look just like it is supposed to. In other words just animate the model that is already in instead of it standing still and it would be fine.
is used to be a 3d model, and it sucked big balls... trust me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the aura still is a model...

cause a sprite wouldnt look good at all

Best answers
Sonic, yes it was a model, however it wasn't animated like I described how it should be. It just standed still. And BTW the turbo aura still is a model just not the powerup aura.

Best answers
OK. Lets get this straight. I'm laying down the law on this ****. You people dont understand what you're talking about. Here is why you CAN'T have an acurate DBZ aura with polygons.

You can't make polys flow like in the show. Just from a modeling stand point.. the aura would have to be like 4 thousand polys. Then EACH vertex would need a joint. And then the animator would have to ANIMATE every goddamn joint becuase HL doesn't support vertex animation.

Its as simple as that. Neither I, nor X, nor Vass are going to sit on our ass and make a 4 thousand poly ellipse with a flat bottom and then have the nerve to send it to Darktooth, who works hard enough already, and charge him with the task of animating that ****.

End of story.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also no one's pc would suport a 5k poly aura

Best answers
maybe when were old our grand kids could be argueing about how unrealistic auras are EVEN at 5k but hey the computher can only take what we have so just live what you got or dont play the game and do something useful like

Fire
Bombs
Racing
Drugs
School

these all have the ill effects that are caused by playing ESF ;)

Best answers
thats why i said only a sprite drawn by akira toriyama can look dbz like.

u cant make make real good physics with any engine today. u cant make a map where a silo of water is, then shoot a part of the bottom and let the water go down without a script.

the creator of such an engine would spend long for coding this. and it would make big requirements, and as someone already said, no one is so lucky that he can afford a 2+ ghz monster. (iam happy, tomorrow i will get an athlon xp 2200+ :D)

and u know red faction, with the geomod engine??? the engine was good, but the game ... eeerrr i only hear ppl sayin it sux. so the creators cant be sure if they put the money in the right place, it is not only the engine, u see it on halflife, the first action adventure. it had a good graphic, but today developers need much longer for an engine, when u look at hmmm how long did id need for doom3 engine??? i think they work since q3 or longer on it. and it doesnt has such physics.

or what about 3d explosions which are acting like a real explosion??? there is already one. AVP 1, just send a rocket into one hole and u see that the explosion shockwave follows the terrain.

enough.

Best answers
I have a 2 GHZ comp but i can tweek it to go higher if desired but i only have one fan in my room

but i would like to see how they get the auras in the DBZ live action movie:p bah i rather sit through a feminest seminar than watch that

*note*:no: hate feminest Too hairy for my eyes:no:

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
SS_Vegeta has responded to all comers re: Auras with his post above

END OF STORY
:S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom