aura

Best answers
nope, It used to be, but they decided to change it all and become a game not a mod.

Best answers
must of cost alot money? hmm how did they do it? bleh at least the could get a proper domain like good old esf

if u look at CS it became so popular it became retail while still remaining a free download for those who av half life or those peeps didn't want half life they could get cs
cs retail is basicly only cs with the engine built in mods stuff their data into half life
thats wot i fink it mite be anyway
have they gone totally standalone?

Best answers
you know the gallit gun??? when u charge it??? then there comes the blue-pinkish aura of the attack.

and with the sos aura it is the same. they are both the same thing only looking different. it would be possible to do, but the esf team would have to change it. i would say that u make the aura a bit more smaller like in sos, so it is more tide on the model. then it would look good.

Scruffie

S
Man, pimpin' SoS? Is that allowed?

SoS uses a modified Q2 engine now, and it is a stand alone.

That's not even they're completed Aura, so don't quite wet your selves yet.

whoa, i like the models on ur site!! nice workin there!!
That's very nice but it ain't his site.

I do like Sos. :D

Best answers
your wrong, really really wrong

its not just a sprite, its an animated model thats scripted to form around the character. its far more complicated then the gallit gun sprite.

right now a major improvement to the esf aura would be to make them rotate, or have 2 auras at the same time rotate counter clockwise, like in bfp

Best answers
Originally posted by Styreta
your wrong, really really wrong

its not just a sprite, its an animated model thats scripted to form around the character. its far more complicated then the gallit gun sprite.

right now a major improvement to the esf aura would be to make them rotate, or have 2 auras at the same time rotate counter clockwise, like in bfp

you call this formed around the character???

Best answers
like i said, the script is stil beta, so is the texture right now only front view workz (upper pic you posted is more or less top view, ya know, head first, then upper, then lower.)

to i kind find those pics to prove my point, ya say trunks from the from the front hands pressed against his legs, and 1 where he spread his arms, you could see that the aura got wider in the pics where he spread his arms

Best answers
personally, i dont think the aura looks that good... first of all, the character isnt even centred in it when he is flying (the top pic) and secondly, the auras only look like that in the show because it is 2D, but i think they are actually suppposed to go right around the character. Which would you rather? a 2D aura or a 3D aura?

Best answers
for all the people who think its a 3d model, its not, its a 2d sprite, one of those that faces you, or so i think. i have no idea how its going to look like since i havent played the game, yet i think its gonna look wierd since it always faces you, like those barrels and people in doom II .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm the esf aura is a model... go look in models folder now notice the aura.mdl ;)

now tell me its not a model

Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
personally, i dont think the aura looks that good... first of all, the character isnt even centred in it when he is flying (the top pic) and secondly, the auras only look like that in the show because it is 2D, but i think they are actually suppposed to go right around the character. Which would you rather? a 2D aura or a 3D aura?
that aura ****ing owns, and its beta numbnut, only the frontview workz, and there working out on how to make it deform to the surroundings to, like the pic where it goes threw the ground

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
the current aura is cool, but they should make the aura like a "real" animated model, not just spinning ... like the hair of a char with moving this spikes and such stuff, u know?

Best answers
Originally posted by Styreta
that aura ****ing owns, and its beta numbnut, only the frontview workz, and there working out on how to make it deform to the surroundings to, like the pic where it goes threw the ground
uha, and ESF is also a beta... I dont care what they do to the aura in SoS, i dont have quake so i cant play it anyway... i still think a 3D aura looks better...

Best answers
I think this one is good only maybe it would be better is not in turbo their hair would lay flat on their heads and when they go in turbo it schould we thrown up by the wind

Best answers
hey hey .. don't turn it inot a flame war!!! << doesn't want his topic to be closed :p

also ... all i did was asking how can i edit the aura!! so u who whine alot .. why don't u animate the aura!?!?! :rolleyes:

btw .. is it aura.mdl or is it aura.wrl?!?! cuz they both esxist! (err .. or did u guys just forget which one it is .. so you kept both of them .. lol :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom