• Yes, having two versions of each model when the aura is on/off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, this is a bad idea because...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A while ago I made this thread.

It seemed to go down pretty well. Now i'm wondering if it'll be possible with the new FX system?

If not, I have an alternative solution. Each model could have two versions, one for when the aura is on and one for when it's off (default). All that would need to happen is to change the colours of the skins to make them a bit brighter in places (clothes, skin) and darker in others (hair). The only problem is I don't know how much lag model changing causes, if you're in a server with lots of people swooping and turning on and off their auras, would their ping go up? Would the server become laggy? If not, and if the first idea isn't implementable, i'd like to see this in as an alternative.

If you don't understand what I mean by light emission and saturation, here's a pic for reference:

Left is without aura, right is with the aura in effect. Appologies for the quality o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think.... too many models... plus with the aura on the color will look like it changed on the model too since the colors are going over each other

Best answers
This is hard to decide. But I think something has to be done. The SSJ gohan model right now looks like it doesn't have any aura effect while the SSJ goku model now actually have the aura in effect model.

Best answers
can't the coders implement some sort of shading effect for auras??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what the Aura Graphical Changes (Part I) was. Personally I prefer it to this but if it's not possible then this is an alternative.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its more a contrast tweak than a saturation tweak :p

But im diggin it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If there had been a set of models with this extra skins, I could easily change it with AMXX plugin. JUst create a special set of models and I'll do it.
It can be done by just using entity_set_int(id, EV_INT_skin, numberofskinhere )

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the whitish gold hair being over lapped by an aura, wouldnt see why not, the aura having its own light emission would be cool to

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't have to be a different model. HL models can have multiple skins. It could just be a skin swap. Heck, the old alphas I think used multiple skins for good and evil.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*slaps self* of course, that's how the monster_scientist model gets differernt skins (Eli, Kliener etc...). Well if it's two different skins (just colour changing really) can they change ingame or not?

Best answers
Ravendust said:
A while ago I made this thread.

It seemed to go down pretty well. Now i'm wondering if it'll be possible with the new FX system?

If not, I have an alternative solution. Each model could have two versions, one for when the aura is on and one for when it's off (default). All that would need to happen is to change the colours of the skins to make them a bit brighter in places (clothes, skin) and darker in others (hair). The only problem is I don't know how much lag model changing causes, if you're in a server with lots of people swooping and turning on and off their auras, would their ping go up? Would the server become laggy? If not, and if the first idea isn't implementable, i'd like to see this in as an alternative.

If you don't understand what I mean by light emission and saturation, here's a pic for reference:

Left is without aura, right is with the aura in effect. Appologies for the quality o_o
This is exactly what I said before except you made it better, here is what I said, http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=54670
Thank you for making a thread about this too. :) Cause they need to do this in ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, I wasn't aware there'd been a similar thread. Regardless we have similar viewpoints and ideas and here it is.

He's SSJ2 in that pic btw, so a regular SSJ aura wouldn't make the clothing that pale an orange.

Best answers
It's ok, cause your idea is better. But in Super Saiyan 3, do you think it should have electric around the Super Saiyan 3 aura?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't see why not, the form had it in the series so it's only logical it would have it in ESF too. The lightning shouldn't illuminate the model though, the engine wouldn't be able to cope.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this would be an awesome idea to have. I think the only way to see if it would cause lag is if the team did this then got like 10 people to repeativly do the aura over and over again to see if it makes a huge difference.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hadn't thought of this before, actually.

But I like it. If it can be done (and toggled for fps), then I would like to see this in the game. It might look really spiffy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom