attempt to model my 1st face

Best answers
ive only done the front i just not sure how i can connect the center... i made the left but i mirrored the right.

*edit*
soory my firewall isnt letting me upload my pics. :\

Best answers

ok this is front view only now im gonna hve to make the side view, yes i know hes still mising a nose and eyes. but it wwas mostly for modeling practice.

*edit* yea so my question how do i weld that face together ive tried selecting the center vertices and clicking weld, maybe im just doin it wrong...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey its lookin good, i cant wait untill you finish the side and post some angled shots, and a good tip is to weld the 2 halfs together when your done the whole model

Best answers
update

ok well i added more depth to it by makeing its side view .. it just look weird from the side.. anyways heres.. a perpective view

Best answers
it looks good from that perspective but if you do really want to be critized fully and model correctly you have to show the side whether it looks weird or not, that way we can help you improve it ;) good job, looks very good for your first face so far

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, u owned me :( u gave me a good idea, im going to redu trunks and try what you did

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 said:
wow, u owned me :( u gave me a good idea, im going to redu trunks and try what you did
you mean actually listen to people and lay out the polygons properly?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol yeah, its just imtoo into my own thing to listen to people... but i still dont really get how its done so nice.

EDIT...
how do i make things in their own group. lets say i want to color one part of the model and leave the other alone but it selects the whole group for me...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 said:
EDIT...
how do i make things in their own group. lets say i want to color one part of the model and leave the other alone but it selects the whole group for me...
uhmmm ur using ms3d right?

well select the faces u want to skin with one color and push ctrl+D (duplicate) finish the model with it.... delete then the old groups!

Afterwards u have to snap the ending vertex together in the groups ( snap together = ctrl(+shift)+n (dunno shure)

ontopic:

The face looks alright ;)
just i think...to many polies on the forehead... who agrees?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its good, but the transition from front to back is too steep, its like his nose is connected directly to his ears, without any sort of bone structure in between.

Best answers
im not sure what u mean.. so what should i do to fix it? not pull the side so much back.

*edit*
o i think i get you

Best answers
uhmm his original ?

hey he asked how to weld the two side together and i dont think he ever got a clear answer and i need that info too so please answer if u can

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom