Attackers and Defenders, Can you help?

Do you think I am wrong about the melee system?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
After having fighting a few 30 people today, I noticed how much the melee system made ESF...boring.I was fighting in countless servers today just to see how many people who actually fight me, instead of waiting for me to attack first than swoop. Out of the whole thing only 2 people. Panther from the Ape clan and Mr Gump from the Z clan(damn these guys are fast, but I killed Gump;) ) The rest of the fighters, if I should call them that, just waiting for me to swoop at them so they could have more ki in the head on and thus winning the head on swoop. I fooled a few of them by using turbo instead of swooping, that quickly recharging my ki that going in for the swoop. But there is one fighter who I fought beat me with this melee system everytime, and called me a "n00b" cause I couldnt kill him, when I asked him to attack me so I could defend he declined. Well thats enough rambling, but the reason of the post is...Can anyone think any suggestions for the "turtlers" out there. I tried everything, but all they did was run away recharge and sit and way for me to attack. *sigh* I am a meleer, I love to melee, I can't help but to do it. But if my opponent has an large, unfair advantage, how can I win? Can anyone help me?

Best answers
Go beam GO beam... he'll swoop you.. and u hit him in the face :D
uhm no.. .well i mostly do 3 things when battlesdo not come to me... (i'm not much of an attacker) though i try my best D:

1. stand in frond of him.. tele forward kick him in the face...
2. go swoop, not at him but of him 9say to the left, fly around kick him in the back
3. leave server find not noobish people...

Best answers
well i almost always play piccolo ( untill they put in18 :laff: ) but this trick works best for people that hang back, also only works with a high pl with piccolo.

1. charge up a medium sbc and try to hide the glow off piccolo's fingers

2. shoot it at the guy thats hanging back watin for you

3. right after lock onto them with melee and tele a few times forward than while they are trying to dodge the sbc you kick them int the back or in the face.

4. if they try and block struggel with it, just let the ki blobs fly:laff:

this only works a few times, sum timesnotatall. they might tele and dodge the sbc and kick you in the face. its all a matter of wits and luck.

Best answers
nice move Noodler, i usally just eyelazer in that senario, but then i get called "cheap", not my fault if they dont move after a whole ki bar of lazer'ige.

i think ill try that move of yours.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The best thing to do for the 'turtles' is to swoop halfway, teleport to side (or wherever you want) then swoop again. When you swoop half way they expect you to keep goin, so you throw them off when you stop.

-PS-
Panther and Gump used to be in MY clan!!!!GGGGRRRRRRR!!!!

Best answers
ehhh...I just tele to their backs and tele,lets just hope I can still control teleport as well as before,havent been able to play for soooo long....

but yeah,a good move to use when SSJ is to teleport in a circle around your opponent,but its not that simple unless you got reflexes as quick as lightning

pffft Madd Dog == CHEAP :p

EDIT : And to help you out....just toss in a kiblast then quickly lock n swoop towards him,he has to block and you bash him with melee,then you teleport behind and melee again :) Man Im good :)

Best answers
hey cheap, nah not me, im so leet that i killed you with scattershot in that game we played back in 1.0. That was the game to watch, although i got owned in the end, dam blinding burning attack, back on topic,

also a good tactic is to beam jump off their face and detonate at a safe distance, exploit maby but at least they dont turtle ne more.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't really beam jump off them because there not sitting there blocking. Their wating to swoop back. There are easy ways to deal with this as I found out when I was experimenting with the new head on swoop decision maker...

Best answers
Yea its all about doing things that will leave your Appoint flat on there back with confusing moves, remember keep moving and re-charging your ki. with out ki your dead. Oh and another trick that works, but will get you called a newbie, is use freeza's finger lasers than when they try and get closer to stop it, pound them into the ground :)

Best answers
Well you could throw a sbc and then like go through the sbc and if there blockin it u can come out of nowhere and hit them.

Best answers
Does anyone have any moves for gohan, or maybe buu? or even Vegeta

Best answers
With buu, just move forward slowly, if they attack then block, and keep tapping on the candy attack when they block.
Vegeta = beam attack, gohan is the same really. Detonate it to their side.
Shoot a ki blast, teleport to them, and melee them.
Another fun trick is to just sit there and stare at them. That's it. After a while they'll either attack, or get bored and try to do something else. Then proceed to smash them down.
Another easy tactic is to ask a teammate to smash him with a beam while you hold him in a staredown.
It is team deathmatch afterall.

Best answers
I find the best thing to do is either tela hit them... or draw them out I find that No one can just sit there they attack at some point when they think they can get a hit in.... so just swoop by them just far enough away for them not to hit you and when they follow you turn off fly free drop and hit them... works almost every time... or you can just shoot beams like a few others have said to draw them out that works well too =P

~{ape}~SSJPanther

Best answers
Yeah, this can be annoying. It seems like people who are in the intermediate stage between newbies and very good players do this a lot, at least that I've noticed. I did it for a while. I play Frieza a lot, so finger laser works there, ditto for eye laser, but for people like Buu, I understand it's harder. But, remember, he can't do anything you can't do, so don't rush into the fight if you know he's using this kind of strategy. Move around a lot, swoop then stop, teleport a bit, and try and get behind him. If you both swoop, try to miss him by a bit then keep attacking, after teh first swoop it's anyone's fight no matter how good a turtler he is. Another nice tactic is to try to fight him from above or below, because then if you turn just a litle bit you're technically on the other side of him, and you might be able to hit him in the side without him being able to hit you.

Best answers
Best thing to do is swoop at him, then veer off and freefall. As you are freefalling, charge a beam. If he start following, let it go. If he is staying put, hit f to stop falling then fire. It almost ALWAYS catches them by surprise, especially if they are chargin ki. And Zaius, I fought you today, you still turtle up chum, but EYE WUBS J00!!! :laff:

Best answers
Yeah I know :) But not as much as before. I used to be a galapagos turtle, now I'm a box turtle.....if that makes any sense :)

Best answers
Well, I might be speaking for myself, but it doesn't. Anyone way thanks guys for the tips and anyone one else has some please post, oh Panther, I thought you werent the one to give tips.

Best answers
hehe aye most of the time I wont... but I guess I was in the mood sense you talked about me ;) but ya I would rather have people figure things out by them selfs.... works out a lot better in the long run b/c you are not trying to do the same thing over and over that some one told you worked...

~{ape}~SSJPanther

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom