Asteroid in 2014 :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it does hit us i dont wanna die over a stupid astroid hitting us.. i mean i planned the world to end after these robots take over and start planning world domination *joke*

those scientist dont know jack... for all i know it couldve been a glitch in the systerm or whatever.. i never get bothered on what ppl say because none of it ends up to be true... Y2k... etc... if its a 1 in blah blah chances then why are they putting it all over cnn and making it such a big idea :p

Best answers
Humans are to smart to let it happen lil guy...

Belive me were not going down without a fight. So if the comet looks like its gonna hit we will have some defense so dont worry

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry, if it gets too close I could always revert back into my true form...

...I've said too much...

On topic though I'd say: If you die, you die. "Oh no! A comet! Let's scream senslessly!" Yeah yeah. You can't do a damn thing about it. Maybe science can, but if it is going too fast, fat chance of them doing anything significant to it. It hits earth, everybody dies, woo hoo. It's all part of the master plan. Don't fret, it'll happen or it wont, either way, stressing out doesn't help.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, if I saw that shait happening I would defecate out my ears.

Best answers
Let it impact on america. However that thing probably gets out of his course :/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree lynx cuz then we would be the ones who died painless while the rest of the world (and you specifically for saying that) would die a slow painful death, i prefer he painless version wouldnt you?,

Best answers
why are you worried? just before it hits the earth, we send Bruce Willis up there and everything is fine! worked once, will work again!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O Oh Jesus we are soooooooo gonna die....LOL I ain't worried..>_> The world can blow up and I still don't care the outside world is non of my concern *Since I live too much in the computer world* D: but anyway im 18 I haven't lived anything yet NOOO!! :( but anyway I know people are gonna do something about it LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO specially USA.

Best answers
Your actually caring about how I'm going to die? Wow, that's new. It's a way of drawing attention. They'll have some article saying we're all going to die so we can have a last christmas and buy lots of stuff, something lame like that.

I wouldn't take anything serious of what they say. If they say it's going to hit us tomorrow, I'd take a closer look. Otherwise, no.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate to break this to everybody, but if that sort of thing happened now--an asteroid we spotted coming at us, there would be no "Armageddon"movie-type rescue. Almost all of the technology in that movie doesn't exist, and it was horribly unrealistic.

Even the astronauts--good luck finding astronauts trained in dodging asteroid chunks just like in a video game. Even a pebble can puncture a hole in the wall of a space shuttle. This kind of rescue is ridiculous and impractical.

As for launching nuclear weapons from Earth, we'd have to redesign the propulsion system, as the most common form of missile we have now is ICBM, and they don't work without oxygen.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuclear weapons will be destroyed in space cuz of the pressure, they would need to redisgn it with stronger metal and all, second, blow up the astroid, and it will shater in a million small rocks, that will blow up all houses and probly cause even more damage

Best answers
im more worried about a baseball sized asteroid hitting the earth cause they cause nuclear type explosions so it could possibly start a war if it hits the right place. luckily most asteroids land in the ocean for obvious reasons.

Best answers
If they now say that it has a chance on 909.000 to 1 to hit and we get about 12-13 years to figure something out i hope we can, if we all stop Doing wars and just concentrate on blowing this thing up then how come we cant come up with enough firepower to blow it up?

Best answers
MyStIc~ShAdOw said:
nuclear weapons will be destroyed in space cuz of the pressure, they would need to redisgn it with stronger metal and all, second, blow up the astroid, and it will shater in a million small rocks, that will blow up all houses and probly cause even more damage

ICBMs fly in to space(they are those huge ass missles that can hit any country from anywhere, and they are nuclear.).

and if a spaceship made mostly of illuminum can make it to the moon then i dont see why an icbm with a a cruise missle type of cpu cant hit a huge asteroid. oh and another thing i seriously doubt a nuke would be needed. cause in space a dynimite stick unleashes the power of 50 hydrogen bombs because there is no gravity or air or anything to take its power away. I think a couple of small explosives can blow it up but what would most likely happen is that they would use something like patriot missles were it will blow up infront of the target and move it off course. that would be best to prevent any other senarios.

i seriously doubt it will even come close to us isnt this like the 5th major asteroid that they said might hit earth.

and if its heading this way it could hit another planet or be drawn by the gravity of another planet.

im not worried because i know we can knock that thing out of the 'sky'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They would have to blow it before it got past the moon, a nuke or missle of any sorts would run out of fuel and would become just a floating piece of junk but anyways, as mentioned before, blowing it up could cause an even bigger problem, not that it would really matter anyways. I saw before how they have one idea about diverting the asteroid, attaching some satalite things to it and adjusting the asteroid's position.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Duh, the planet would not blow up, but it would be covered in a huge mofoing shockwave, and then the sun will be blotted out for years, starting an ice age, and we would all die.

But the planet would not blow up, not thats its going to hit anyhow

Best answers
Btw news-flash, if we DID shatter the rock if it WERE to head straight for us, then the remaining debris would most likely burn up in the Earth's atmosphere, deeming it most harmless.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Duece said:
ICBMs fly in to space(they are those huge ass missles that can hit any country from anywhere, and they are nuclear.).

and if a spaceship made mostly of illuminum can make it to the moon then i dont see why an icbm with a a cruise missle type of cpu cant hit a huge asteroid. oh and another thing i seriously doubt a nuke would be needed. cause in space a dynimite stick unleashes the power of 50 hydrogen bombs because there is no gravity or air or anything to take its power away. I think a couple of small explosives can blow it up but what would most likely happen is that they would use something like patriot missles were it will blow up infront of the target and move it off course. that would be best to prevent any other senarios.

i seriously doubt it will even come close to us isnt this like the 5th major asteroid that they said might hit earth.

and if its heading this way it could hit another planet or be drawn by the gravity of another planet.

im not worried because i know we can knock that thing out of the 'sky'
No, ICBMs only enter the upper atmosphere. They don't actually leave Earth's outer atmosphere, they just go very very high up, like Aerospace jets. Also, not all ICBMs are nuclear-equipped.

We don't have the capability to deflect an asteroid. What you've seen in ridiculous movies like "Armageddon" and "Deep Impact" is what is known as science fiction.

If a large Asteroid, "the size of texas" was hurtling towards us, yes, we might try to stop it. But it wouldn't be anything like in those movies, and it most likely wouldn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom