Asteroid in 2014 :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
really hope it doesnt hit, I will be so young! I wanna die in my sleep! not in pain!!!!
Lol just like stated by Majin goketa, the chances are very slim. 2014? Um.. By that time he would have probably blown it up :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IF it hits... if...
Also, don't rule out that we could defend ourself if it was coming for the planet.
We could break it up into many very small pieces that would do little damage on impact, or possibly even redirect it, but don't ask me how you'd do that one. :p

Best answers
DragonDude said:
IF it hits... if...
Also, don't rule out that we could defend ourself if it was coming for the planet.
We could break it up into many very small pieces that would do little damage on impact, or possibly even redirect it, but don't ask me how you'd do that one. :p
Allow me, as an astrophyicist to answer.;D
Controlled Nuclear Fusion Explosions to redirect the Asteroid is the most common solution. You could also attach a rocket to drive it off course.
Or if it is too close force it into a stable orbit with Thermonuclear weapons.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thier was also supposed to be a asteriod in 2002..

Did it hit?

Best answers
In ten years we would definatly have the technology to launch rockets into space and perform some kind of 'latch on' to guide them away from Earth, scientist say that the chance of this hitting will most likely be reduced to 0 within the next few years, its nothing to worry about.

Just another scare, like Y2k, I didn't take that seriously either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry Rebirah. 20 million Hiroshima explosions worth of kaboom isn't painful at all...

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Un1imi73d said:
Thier was also supposed to be a asteriod in 2002..

Did it hit?

Actually that one just missed earth.. It passed between the earth and the moon. No one saw it coming because it was infront of the sun... It just missed and was going fast enough that it did not get cought in orbit... They said they did not know about it till 3 days after it was past earth.

Best answers
hmm i guess 20 million hiroshimas is a planet killer aint it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is our arrogance that previous asteroids have not hit, so continue this way it may hit, but it prolly wont. Sombody up there likes use, or it playing with us.

Best answers
if those damn american military idiots got their funding transferred by the government to nasa then mabye we would be going towards building a starship and being sensible humans instead of
"LETS GO AND bOMB SOMEWHERE! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wrong thread effigy,

anyways this is an interesting story, but it seems a new, "end of the world" comes around every year, i remeber back a few years ago there was this machine that was built to simulate the big bang,

im not sure what they were trying to do with it, but one possibility of it was, (and i am quoting the jist of the news report i remember) that it could possibly create a black hole on earth,and that would be the end of everything,

that was the first and last news report on that machine, i know not f they finished or evn used it, but it certainly shook things up a little to the right communities

then there was another one, about the planets aligning, in which case the gravity caused by this would crush anything over a certain weight on earth, this also never happened,

and both were on the news at one time or another,

im sure if i dug back far enough i could ind a different "armageddon" for every year of my life,

i wouldnt worry about this,

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Effigy, as an american, I send you my sincerest condolances on a warning I'm giving you. You see, I built it from Iraqi babies and Afgan skulls, using NASA dollars that were dogeared to protect your foriegn ass. That being said, nice pointless flame of America, back on topic.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If an asteroid was truly on a crash course into the earth, then we can only do what we can do, right? and if it does smash into the earth, then there isn't much one can do.

But I have a feeling that there is nothing to worry about.

Best answers
Heh, that sounds disturbingly close to the date the Mayans pitched for the end of the world . . . 2012.

hmm i guess 20 million hiroshimas is a planet killer aint it?
Well, Hiroshima was what, 25 KT?

So that's 500 million KT for the asteroid, or 500 000 megatons. The total world nuclear arsenal is something like 30 000 megatons, so this asteroid slamming into our world would have the concentrated force of more 16 full scale nuclear wars.

I'd say it might cause a scratch or two ;)

Best answers
dont you worry about the an astroid hitting earth, sience is able these days to change there course because they can be spotted very soon. commets on the other hand :\ well, if that astroid was a commet there would not be a chance ( now ) to save the earth from being hit by it cause its unable to manipulate its course.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope it hits us, I wanna see somthing interesting happen

Best answers
-[ZeniSlev]- said:
I hope it hits us, I wanna see somthing interesting happen
:/ That would suck tho, but at least you saw something exciting before you die rite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom